Single playthrough or branching paths?

Jack-Atlas

Registered
Lewd
LV

Mar 2, 2023
LC COIN
One play through is the way, really hate it when you need to play a game three or four times, needing to skip to get to what is different.

Jandu

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jun 19, 2023
LC COIN
one play through - there's too many games out there to replay stuff
Yeah, I agree. But also there are some games that are worth to check their different endings (like Parental Love in my opinion).

Tosser

Prestige 1
Registered
Lewd
LV

Feb 2, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 1
Always multi-path, especially when I know it isn't harem.

Reactions: 1 user

-Bonk-

I Like my LI's with Lo in front
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
LV

Nov 15, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
I climb all branches, Don't want to miss out on anything. Unfortunately that comes with
the risk of tags on a certain path causing you pain.
You must be registered to see attachments

Knz

Registered
Lewd
LV

Feb 27, 2024
LC COIN
I prefer branching paths, sometimes it's boring, but I like having several choices

Ioas78

Registered
Lewd
LV

Sep 26, 2023
LC COIN
If I like the story I don't mind branching paths to replay
If it's a quick fucks and scenes gotta be a single playthrough

Dragon6969

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jun 20, 2023
LC COIN
one playthrough with a harem ending is always the best, im not playing for realism just enjoyment so i prefer those types

eezergoode

Registered
LV

Aug 15, 2023
LC COIN
I've noticed a change in the games I refer over the years, I assumed it was just that my tastes have changed, but I really think it is the games themselves. I used to really favor the games with multiple branching paths, where each branch really changed the story, but these days I mostly play games with very limited branching. BUT I went back and played Come See me Tonight 1 and 2 recently, and I still loved them. I think it has more to do with how modern VNs are written by 1 or two people, so they just can't put as much time and effort into deep branching narrative, whereas those games i so fondly remember were handled by studios with many more employees, sometimes as many as a dozen writers, so they could focus on deeper, more engaging stories for each branch.

Mr.bright

Rabid trash enjoyer
Registered
Lewd
LV

Jan 7, 2024
LC COIN
Branching, really nice to start again and find new things based on my decisions

WhiteFireDaemon

Registered
Lewd
LV

Sep 15, 2023
LC COIN
I like both for regular VN, but if it's got any kind of sandbox or stat grinding, I much prefer being able to get all the scenes in one playthrough.

yoyomistro

Registered
Lewd
LV

Dec 21, 2022
LC COIN
Single playthrough, and if there are branching paths I bust out the Notepad++ and merge them. Not getting me to play through your crap twice, lol. The only time I'm ok with branching is if there are completely different storylines that don't overlap.

gremlin42

Registered
Lewd
LV

Sep 13, 2022
LC COIN
Comes back to the quality of the game. If it's really good, the branches and paths are likely to be different and it's like playing a different game, or seeing the same events from different perspectives. If I'm really enjoying a game then I'm happy to play it on different paths, sometimes straight away. Or I can come back to it after a few months and try a different route. If it's poor then once is enough and see if there's anything in the gallery which catches my eye.

ukalias

Prestige 1
Registered
Lewd
LV

Sep 19, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 1
I prefer a single playthrough, for there to be branching paths the game needs to be close to perfect for me to play it

Back
Top Bottom