Status
Not open for further replies.

fossa

Registered
Lewd
LV

Oct 22, 2023
LC COIN
Reviews are different. You expect not just to see a short reply there that's only tangentially useful if at all ("Alright game. Needs more ass."), but more along the lines of at least a paragraph of input on precisely why you should or shouldn't spend data to download the game, if not more. However, getting that out of people is tough if they're disinclined to provide that much, and I've seen multiple reviews even on Fuck95 where people just put down something short and pointless, then add on "text to fill out the character requirement."
I've been on Fuck95 for some time, never saw more than 1-2 such reviews. But perhaps they get moderated quickly.

You stand to gain a lot more of those kinds of people posting reviews if you reward them with coins, diluting the review page and making it unlikely that people will care about reviews being posted, or even the raw star ratings the game's earned, since you wouldn't be sure those weren't put there just because someone felt like visiting the LC shop.

I'd rather reviews be posted rarely yet mean something when they are since the person thought the game was worth saying something about, than that the review sections of all games be clogged with effortless drivel meant to drive up coin earnings. The former can be useful. The latter, not so much.
It's simple. Just make a review give the same amount of coins as a post. Then it doesn't matter if you do it or not, and if you're a wanker who just posts shit for coins, it's easier to write a thread or reply, than click on rating and do the rating minimum amount of characters and risk losing maybe more coins if your rating is reported as shit. And people would be more upset about a worthless rating for a game they like, than about a post they maybe don't even notice.

That's what a review is, after all -- just a post in a specific section of the site. 🤷‍♀️

Republican Bear

Your Loli's Are Mine
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
LV

Nov 25, 2022
LC COIN
Yeah no thanks then new members would just spam reviews instead of threads.

There are ways to limit spam reviews but just isn't worth the time and effort.

Reactions: 1 user

scorche

Registered
LV

Feb 20, 2024
LC COIN
I feel like reviews should give the most coins, its what I use to determine if I want to download a game most of the time.

TheVampirate

Pope of the Loli Church
Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
LV

Mar 25, 2024
LC COIN
Points for reviews encourages review bombing. If you post in that games thread your review/comments it pushes the thread's visibility, and gets you the coins so its the best of both worlds

fossa

Registered
Lewd
LV

Oct 22, 2023
LC COIN
Yeah no thanks then new members would just spam reviews instead of threads.

There are ways to limit spam reviews but just isn't worth the time and effort.
Okay, if you speak from experience, I can just nod to that.

I just thought if a review gave the same amount of coins as a post, and would be subject to the same shared 3 minute limit of gaining coins, there'd be no point in review bombing any more than post bombing. At the same time, it would feel nice for the people who do write actual reviews, because that's an activity that is not rewarded in any way, as compared to the rest. Just a thought anyway. 🤷‍♀️

hyde231

Noodler
Prestige 1
Registered
Lewd
LV

Feb 11, 2024
LC COIN
Prestige 1
Well, you can receive likes for game reviews. So if you write reviews with actual useful content, other will like them and you get your precious coins. That is already a good setup with incentives to provide quality reviews rather than spam.

Reactions: 1 users

Republican Bear

Your Loli's Are Mine
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
LV

Nov 25, 2022
LC COIN
Well it's possible like I said the site could post a word limit were you needed to write at least 100 words, and a disclaimer poor reviews will be deleted.

Even take away coins if the review is poor. It just makes more work for mods though.

Republican Bear

Your Loli's Are Mine
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
LV

Nov 25, 2022
LC COIN
Well farming for likes is the easy way which those who claim it only took three hours.

If you do it the way it was intended it takes three day and a few hundred comments.

Maybe taking away points for reactions is the way to go in the future? :unsure:

WigglyWorld84

Prestige 1
Registered
Lewd
LV

Jun 15, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 1
I am confused by this whole system. I will just keep my head down and do what I always do, smartassery and shit talking. Should come with time.

Reactions: 3 users

COFFI69

Registered
LV

Nov 3, 2022
LC COIN
nope i dont like pay walls.it was bad enough when the other guy would beg every 3 days...all i see now are pop up ads and restrictions i dont pay for pop up adds or restrictions...all the best you greedy little shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom