VN Ren'Py DAZ New Year's Day(e) [Ch.6 v0.6.1] [Jonesy]

5.00 star(s) 1 review
I've been looking forward to any new updates. The not so bright girl with the speech impediment might be my favorite. Every scene with her is just funny.
new updates ? this should be getting the abandoned tag by now
[automerge]1784525198[/automerge]
New Year's Day(e) Progress Report - 7/17/26


View attachment 790140

Look at Kaylee and Shelby in the photobooth!


Hey there, People!


Just a quick little update.


I know I sound like a broken record sometimes, saying things like “I’m so excited about this next chapter!”, but that doesn’t change the fact that I am SO excited about this next chapter! I really am. I am done with the NYD “story”, now it’s time for the fun parts. I am about ¼ of the way through the animations (there will be between 20-30) and they’re looking pretty damn good so far.


I’ve also structured it in a way that will hopefully please many people. While there will be choices and different endings, I’d still hesitate to call this a “game” instead of a kinetic novel. I’d consider these to be more like “bonus content”. It’ll be fun. I’ve learned some new coding techniques, and so far everything is working smoothly.


Well, that’s about it. Oh, I will be posting some still shots for my paid subscribers on Patreon and Subscribestar. Test renders for the animations mostly. Some of them might not make it to production, and some of them might just be happy accidents.


Anyway, back to work!


Stay cool and be safe.


Love Y’all,


~ Jonesy
you got lucky, this needs the abandoned tag
 
Thread owner
New Year's Day(e) Progress Report - 8/5/26


Hey Everybody!


Just letting you know where things stand at the moment. I am still finishing up the final spicy scenes. It’s getting pretty crazy. It’s way more involved than anything I’ve done before (choices/branching paths/etc, though I’d still call this a kinetic novel for the most part). You’ll see what I mean when it’s done. I just looked, and so far I have done over 1600 still images and 12-15 animations for this chapter, and I still have at least 150-175 stills and 4-6 more animations to do.


Just to put that into a bit of perspective, all four chapters of Christmas Eve was a little over 1300 images total and no animations.

But here is the point: The end is in sight!


I am making a huge push to get things finished as quickly as I can without sacrificing quality.


I do have a 10-day vacation looming ahead on the 14th of August, so I’m doing all I can to be done by then. I am trying to get all of my renders done as fast as I can, because I can technically still work remotely via TeamViewer if I need to in order to finish up any debugging and rewrites if necessary. Wish me luck!


That’s about it for now. Back to work!


I hope this is the last update before the release.


Until then, stay safe, and tell the ones you love you love them.


Love Y’all,


~ Jonesy
 
New Year's Day(e) Progress Report - 8/5/26


Hey Everybody!


Just letting you know where things stand at the moment. I am still finishing up the final spicy scenes. It’s getting pretty crazy. It’s way more involved than anything I’ve done before (choices/branching paths/etc, though I’d still call this a kinetic novel for the most part). You’ll see what I mean when it’s done. I just looked, and so far I have done over 1600 still images and 12-15 animations for this chapter, and I still have at least 150-175 stills and 4-6 more animations to do.


Just to put that into a bit of perspective, all four chapters of Christmas Eve was a little over 1300 images total and no animations.

But here is the point: The end is in sight!


I am making a huge push to get things finished as quickly as I can without sacrificing quality.


I do have a 10-day vacation looming ahead on the 14th of August, so I’m doing all I can to be done by then. I am trying to get all of my renders done as fast as I can, because I can technically still work remotely via TeamViewer if I need to in order to finish up any debugging and rewrites if necessary. Wish me luck!


That’s about it for now. Back to work!


I hope this is the last update before the release.


Until then, stay safe, and tell the ones you love you love them.


Love Y’all,


~ Jonesy
We appreciate the update. That's a sight more than other creators give us. Thank you.
 
Thread owner

New Year's Day(e) - Progress Report 8/16/26​



Aloha, Everyone!

Hello from a new timezone! I am currently on vacation, and I unfortunately did not finish NYD in time. I am still working on it when I can. I got SO close! Here’s where I am:

Renders for the entire story – 99.9% complete (I may need to do a few more for minor fixes and things)

Animations – 100% complete

Writing – 100% Complete (proofreading/revisions pending)

Coding – 98% Complete

Music Placement – 60% complete

Here is what I am working on remotely:

Finishing coding, proofreading/play-testing, music placement, End Credits


*****A quick word about the credits.*****

I want to recognize all of you that have contributed to my projects either on Patreon, Subscribestar or both. That said, some of the display names/user names on those platforms read as possible personal information (legal names). If you would prefer to remain anonymous, please let me know (DM me on the respective platform/Discord), so I can edit your name or add you to the number of anonymous donors. PLEASE LET ME KNOW BY 8/24/26. Otherwise, I will use the user name/handle/screen name I have at that time. (The monetary amounts donated will not be displayed for anyone)

Anyway, stay safe. Wish me luck that I don't get eaten by a shark or a black smoke monster! And here's to hoping I get lei'ed! (God I'm a dork...)

Aloha!

Love Y'all,

~ Jonesy
 
Thread owner
Okay, people. Here it is.

It’s done. It’s over. The end. Fin. Ciao. Goodbye, New Year’s Day(e).

For those who aren’t concerned with my sentimental ramblings, please know this before starting Chapter 6: YOUR CURRENT SAVES WILL NOT WORK!! I HAVE INCLUDED A SAVE FILE FOR YOU!!!

The save will plop you down right before the final dream in chapter 5. It’s worth playing through because it has changed.

The changes to the dream at the end of chapter 5 don’t change the trajectory or content of the actual story, just the timing, pacing, and the delivery system (I’m speaking in code/trying to avoid spoilers).

Now, for the “gooshy” stuff.

It’s been quite the journey. I made a bunch of mistakes of every sort, and I’d like to think I learned from them. In fact, I know I learned a lot along the way. Take for instance this early attempt at Eve – Yikes.

Eve Car Speaking.png


I mean, I can see her DNA in there somewhere, but this girl looks like the FNAF version of her - I mean, Jesus, look at those claws! Not to mention the overall lighting, graininess, etc.

According to the metadata, that image was created on August 7, 2022. I had probably downloaded DAZ for the first time about two or three weeks before that. Compare that to where I am now, and I think it’s safe to say I’ve come a long way.




SS New 7.png

And look, I know I'm no "DAZ Master". I know I have a lot left to learn, but I just wanted to pat myself on the back for a second for learning what I have. And I didn’t do it all on my own, either. I had tons of help from a bunch of people, all of whom I am very grateful to.

Also, I want to clarify. I say that this is “The End” of New Year’s Day(e), but that doesn’t mean we're saying goodbye to Eve, Daye, Kaylee, and the rest of the cast for forever. I’ve grown really fond of these characters as people outside of the naughty stuff. So, there will definitely be more stories featuring them, both on Itch, with my AVNs, and on (See shameless DLG story plug image above), in a more traditional prose/novel format.

And I definitely have plans to incorporate many of the characters that didn't have their "time to shine", so to speak.

I hope to see you all there with me, reading and playing along, and enjoying this crazy family as much as I do.

I can’t begin to tell you how much I have enjoyed the past four years of building these stories. I hope for many more years to come.

Thank you all for all your interest and support.

Love Y’all,

~ Jonesy

P.S. Chapter 4 of Siren Song is next on the list, so stay tuned for updates about Charlotte and Bobby!
 
Okay, people. Here it is.

It’s done. It’s over. The end. Fin. Ciao. Goodbye, New Year’s Day(e).

For those who aren’t concerned with my sentimental ramblings, please know this before starting Chapter 6: YOUR CURRENT SAVES WILL NOT WORK!! I HAVE INCLUDED A SAVE FILE FOR YOU!!!

The save will plop you down right before the final dream in chapter 5. It’s worth playing through because it has changed.

The changes to the dream at the end of chapter 5 don’t change the trajectory or content of the actual story, just the timing, pacing, and the delivery system (I’m speaking in code/trying to avoid spoilers).

Now, for the “gooshy” stuff.

It’s been quite the journey. I made a bunch of mistakes of every sort, and I’d like to think I learned from them. In fact, I know I learned a lot along the way. Take for instance this early attempt at Eve – Yikes.

View attachment 854822


I mean, I can see her DNA in there somewhere, but this girl looks like the FNAF version of her - I mean, Jesus, look at those claws! Not to mention the overall lighting, graininess, etc.

According to the metadata, that image was created on August 7, 2022. I had probably downloaded DAZ for the first time about two or three weeks before that. Compare that to where I am now, and I think it’s safe to say I’ve come a long way.




View attachment 854821

And look, I know I'm no "DAZ Master". I know I have a lot left to learn, but I just wanted to pat myself on the back for a second for learning what I have. And I didn’t do it all on my own, either. I had tons of help from a bunch of people, all of whom I am very grateful to.

Also, I want to clarify. I say that this is “The End” of New Year’s Day(e), but that doesn’t mean we're saying goodbye to Eve, Daye, Kaylee, and the rest of the cast for forever. I’ve grown really fond of these characters as people outside of the naughty stuff. So, there will definitely be more stories featuring them, both on Itch, with my AVNs, and on (See shameless DLG story plug image above), in a more traditional prose/novel format.

And I definitely have plans to incorporate many of the characters that didn't have their "time to shine", so to speak.

I hope to see you all there with me, reading and playing along, and enjoying this crazy family as much as I do.

I can’t begin to tell you how much I have enjoyed the past four years of building these stories. I hope for many more years to come.

Thank you all for all your interest and support.

Love Y’all,

~ Jonesy

P.S. Chapter 4 of Siren Song is next on the list, so stay tuned for updates about Charlotte and Bobby!
Looking forward to playing and finishing NYD, and REALLY looking forward to the continuation of Siren Song! ❤️
 
Last edited:
Okay, people. Here it is.

It’s done. It’s over. The end. Fin. Ciao. Goodbye, New Year’s Day(e).

For those who aren’t concerned with my sentimental ramblings, please know this before starting Chapter 6: YOUR CURRENT SAVES WILL NOT WORK!! I HAVE INCLUDED A SAVE FILE FOR YOU!!!

The save will plop you down right before the final dream in chapter 5. It’s worth playing through because it has changed.

The changes to the dream at the end of chapter 5 don’t change the trajectory or content of the actual story, just the timing, pacing, and the delivery system (I’m speaking in code/trying to avoid spoilers).

Now, for the “gooshy” stuff.

It’s been quite the journey. I made a bunch of mistakes of every sort, and I’d like to think I learned from them. In fact, I know I learned a lot along the way. Take for instance this early attempt at Eve – Yikes.

View attachment 854822


I mean, I can see her DNA in there somewhere, but this girl looks like the FNAF version of her - I mean, Jesus, look at those claws! Not to mention the overall lighting, graininess, etc.

According to the metadata, that image was created on August 7, 2022. I had probably downloaded DAZ for the first time about two or three weeks before that. Compare that to where I am now, and I think it’s safe to say I’ve come a long way.




View attachment 854821

And look, I know I'm no "DAZ Master". I know I have a lot left to learn, but I just wanted to pat myself on the back for a second for learning what I have. And I didn’t do it all on my own, either. I had tons of help from a bunch of people, all of whom I am very grateful to.

Also, I want to clarify. I say that this is “The End” of New Year’s Day(e), but that doesn’t mean we're saying goodbye to Eve, Daye, Kaylee, and the rest of the cast for forever. I’ve grown really fond of these characters as people outside of the naughty stuff. So, there will definitely be more stories featuring them, both on Itch, with my AVNs, and on (See shameless DLG story plug image above), in a more traditional prose/novel format.

And I definitely have plans to incorporate many of the characters that didn't have their "time to shine", so to speak.

I hope to see you all there with me, reading and playing along, and enjoying this crazy family as much as I do.

I can’t begin to tell you how much I have enjoyed the past four years of building these stories. I hope for many more years to come.

Thank you all for all your interest and support.

Love Y’all,

~ Jonesy

P.S. Chapter 4 of Siren Song is next on the list, so stay tuned for updates about Charlotte and Bobby!
Friendly reminder to update the 'Latest Update' date in the OP to let folks know there has been a recent update
 
Friendly reminder to update the 'Latest Update' date in the OP to let folks know there has been a recent update
does that actually alert followers to a update or only puts it in the latest updates list ??

game pages i have up i alert users to the update by posting that there is a update available (which in today's world should be automatic)
 
does that actually alert followers to a update or only puts it in the latest updates list ??

game pages i have up i alert users to the update by posting that there is a update available (which in today's world should be automatic)
It just lets us know when the last update has been uploaded by manually checking the OP
 
It just lets us know when the last update has been uploaded by manually checking the OP
Funny Girl Laughing GIF by @SummerBreak
 
I have to put the game down and finish it later. After the revelations come out and the MC is just fine with everything... I would be livid.
Seriously, if you haven't played chapter six yet don't read this.
It isn't some incestuous utopia, it is a tragedy. Heather groomed the MC and her sister/daughters to get together, yet he can never have children with them (Eve and Daye) because the math is against them avoiding birth defects. So they're doomed to be heartbroken, thanks mom/sister. And Becky wouldn't be forgiven so quickly for her complicity. Not to mention just how angry at Heather for keeping it a secret in the first place, but with her gone that would have nowhere to go but to simmer and I'd be in no mindset for a party.
Like, holy shit. I am baffled that the MC is fine with being treated like that. I'd have left Becky at the diner and driven off for a few days.
 
New Year's Day Chapter 6
I'm glad it's finished, but damn the story and cringe drama really ruined this game for me. Compared to Christmas Eve it's like night and day. The story just fumbled everything and sucked any enjoyment i had with this game. Why were you so intent too add so much badly written, over the top drama? I don't understand, and all the crappy slapped on plot twists that make no sense whatsoever. This was pretty ass to read and play.
 
I have to put the game down and finish it later. After the revelations come out and the MC is just fine with everything... I would be livid.
Seriously, if you haven't played chapter six yet don't read this.
It isn't some incestuous utopia, it is a tragedy. Heather groomed the MC and her sister/daughters to get together, yet he can never have children with them (Eve and Daye) because the math is against them avoiding birth defects. So they're doomed to be heartbroken, thanks mom/sister. And Becky wouldn't be forgiven so quickly for her complicity. Not to mention just how angry at Heather for keeping it a secret in the first place, but with her gone that would have nowhere to go but to simmer and I'd be in no mindset for a party.
Like, holy shit. I am baffled that the MC is fine with being treated like that. I'd have left Becky at the diner and driven off for a few days.
Womens Rights GIF
 
that news was so rough the mc deserved a reverse gang bang impregnation fest during the pool party.
such a missed opportunity
 
I must be a simple person, because I was fine with how the game ended. I didn't play the last 2 or 3 episodes and waited until this finale, and it gave me the harem ending I wanted.
Jonesy wrote it the way he wrote it, and he doesn't need to appease anybody with how everything turns out at the end.
Looking forward to the continuing story of Siren Song! :)
 
I really liked the story, but I did have a hard time with how fast the Mc got over the secret of everyone's familial ties. At the same time, I agreed that the daughters were not to blame and did not need to know yet.
 
I really liked the story, but I did have a hard time with how fast the Mc got over the secret of everyone's familial ties. At the same time, I agreed that the daughters were not to blame and did not need to know yet.

The Office Yes GIF
 
Holy shit, the street view background when MC is driving Kaylee and Daye to shopping is from Ukraine. It looked so familiar I thought it was near where I live.
1790113292299.pngyou can see above her head a white on red text, it reads "Взуття" which is ukrainian for "Footwear"
I did not expect that
 
Back
Top Bottom