How do creators feel about the LC coin system?

yesplznothxkk

Registered
Lewd
Nov 8, 2022
LC COIN
This coin system, being what it is, limits access.
There are certain content creators that publish to non-subscribers/supporters on LC, likely in a bid to draw in more support and to publish their games.
I became a supporter of one game, and that is all I can afford, because I could find an older version on LC, and I bet I'm not the only one.

So my question to game creators is:
How do you feel about the LC coin system, and do you feel it might limit your access to new subscribers/supporters?

Reactions: 1 user

SandSorter

Registered
Lewd
Aug 7, 2023
LC COIN
>do you feel it might limit your access to new subscribers/supporters?
Isn't that quite obvious? I would have never found out about Ketzal if his stuff was behind a paywall from the get go. These guys don't have marketing teams or marketing budgets, things they create are the marketing.

Reactions: 1 users

yesplznothxkk

Registered
Lewd
Nov 8, 2022
LC COIN
>do you feel it might limit your access to new subscribers/supporters?
Isn't that quite obvious? I would have never found out about Ketzal if his stuff was behind a paywall from the get go. These guys don't have marketing teams or marketing budgets, things they create are the marketing.
That's exactly my point, and sorry for being redundant, but I feel its an important point, and I would love for creators to chime in seeing as how this affects their business model as well.
The danger being that just like a lot of creators migrated here from Fsomethingsomething, if access to their games become too opaque, then they might migrate elsewhere.

For me, LC functions like a curating method, of the tons and near endless amount of creators (more incoming since AI-gen is become better and more popular), so it is a place I really like, even if I used to only lurk and minimally interact with.

zerodead

Registered
Apr 27, 2022
LC COIN
I normally translate games, but now that my games are blocked because I'm not a member,

• Thinking

zerodead

Registered
Apr 27, 2022
LC COIN
I have to farm coins to be able to release the games again, and this ends up delaying me.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users

yesplznothxkk

Registered
Lewd
Nov 8, 2022
LC COIN
I have to farm coins to be able to release the games again, and this ends up delaying me.
I hope a sad emoji still counts as a like, since what you express is exactly what I feared.
Perhaps people who have earlier created or published games in the + section, should get a boost there by mods?

Gravespawn

Registered
Lewd
Aug 17, 2023
LC COIN
I don't know if this change but if you are a Game Dev you can get a special Member account that will give you accessed to Member+ section. Just contact the mod about this and they should be able to help.
Not sure if it would include game Translator but you have been shown in the past to have done something.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom