Do you think the site was able to maintain itself with the changes that were implemented?

Monokuma

Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
LV

Sep 3, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
That may be true, but lurking has always been a safe form of anonymity. Until now.

Totally understand that! But posting isn't exactly revealing all your secrets, bank details, mothers maiden name... Posting is anon as well. Less annon, sure, but still fairly anon. And problem the site has had, and thus the reason for these precautions, is due to the power that anon people have - reporting the site, getting it banned, losing all the hard work people put into maintaining it. If we have to endure a little discomfort to keep things safe, then I am all for it.
That said, it's still a personal choice. If posting isn't for you, there are other sites/forums to lurk in! You have options.

moppel

Registered
Lewd
LV

May 7, 2023
LC COIN
for me posting anything dosent reveal pretty much anything about me. i mean first i could be lying about most the things anyway. aslong as you dont give stuff like your adress name or tell personaly story you are fine.

moppel

Registered
Lewd
LV

May 7, 2023
LC COIN
as for if the website can maintain itself. it depends new users are probably discurraged. and im wondering how it would hinder the posting of games too. i would say it needs to show new users the games exists on the site. since i can see new used coming looking for a game dont finding or or getting a error and then leaving again.

Michael559

Registered
LV

Jul 26, 2022
LC COIN
Totally understand that! But posting isn't exactly revealing all your secrets, bank details, mothers maiden name... Posting is anon as well. Less annon, sure, but still fairly anon. And problem the site has had, and thus the reason for these precautions, is due to the power that anon people have - reporting the site, getting it banned, losing all the hard work people put into maintaining it. If we have to endure a little discomfort to keep things safe, then I am all for it.
That said, it's still a personal choice. If posting isn't for you, there are other sites/forums to lurk in! You have options.
This policy has shifted all the burden on the newly, to prove his/her worthiness. Plus, having read enough on here reveals a rising bar, which gives a misperception that it doesn’t reward proper behavior. Look at Lolicit, did its policies prevent its demise? No.

Dhales1087

Registered
LV

Aug 5, 2022
LC COIN
A bit of a flip on the topic.
But do these changes have a negative impact on the developers behind the grindwall?
The less eyes on their games.. means less potential subscribers making it not viable for them to keep pushing out updates.

Monokuma

Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
LV

Sep 3, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
This policy has shifted all the burden on the newly, to prove his/her worthiness. Plus, having read enough on here reveals a rising bar, which gives a misperception that it doesn’t reward proper behavior. Look at Lolicit, did its policies prevent its demise? No.

"Shifted all the burden on the newly, to prove his/her worthiness"... I mean... Yes? Like.... That's the point, right? Should it be the other way round? Should the old and recognised have to have the burden? Sorry, I'm not trying to discuss this in bad faith, I just really don't understand your point here.

As for "did it's policies prevent it's demise? No".
That's like saying "Do seatbelts prevent all deaths in car accidents? No." The fact is, policies, like seatbelts, will help. There isn't one absolute option besides "don't drive/don't have the site". But there are measures you can take to try and reduce negative outcomes. Right now, the coins seem to be working. There's a lot of complaints about the system, which is totally understandable - many people come here for a quick fap n' go, only to be told theres now a barrier of entry. But many other people, made the coins very easily and just carried on.

Monokuma

Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
LV

Sep 3, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
A bit of a flip on the topic.
But do these changes have a negative impact on the developers behind the grindwall?
The less eyes on their games.. means less potential subscribers making it not viable for them to keep pushing out updates.

I imagine yes, it has a change, but it's also marginal. Its undeniable that the amount of new eyes seeing their work will have shrunk. But LC isn't the only website around, people can get those works elsewhere, so it's not like we've completely killed their traffic. On a flip of your flip, might also find that old/returning fans, who hate the coin system, might have jumped to full on Subscribestar support or something... So, perhaps their profits increased! But who knows, in all likelihood, I imagine it just evens out.

langszolo247

Registered
LV

Sep 16, 2023
LC COIN
Although I don't like these new policies, because right know when I see a comment or a post, I only see a random user forcing himself to write something useful, but on the other side, the owner's side, I completely understand his decision. In long term, this coin-strategy is a must to have this site open and not closed because of the reports.

• Heart
Reactions: 1 user

Monokuma

Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
LV

Sep 3, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
Although I don't like these new policies, because right know when I see a comment or a post, I only see a random user forcing himself to write something useful, but on the other side, the owner's side, I completely understand his decision. In long term, this coin-strategy is a must to have this site open and not closed because of the reports.

Some of us are here with enough coins and chatting regardless...

You must be registered to see attachments

But yeah, I totally agree. Especially with some of the newer threads, it's clear it's under duress. I kind of see it like a dinner party, where you have a cue card you're forced to read to engage with someone... But then you start having fun and making friends! If your eyes get tired seeing the forced comments, come to the Anti-Social Lurker Hang Out Spot conversation there isn't about grinding for coins any longer...

Back
Top Bottom