Did Playing VNs Change Your Conversation Skills?

Has playing VNs changed the way you talked to people?

• Total voters

mrconeydog99

Registered
Lewd
LV

Feb 21, 2024
LC COIN
When the year of Covid happened I played a TON of VNs. And not just VNs, but other games with dialogue choices that matter like Skyrim, Fire Emblem Three Houses, and Fall Out were also in the mix too. As a result, I think the way I had talked to people since then had changed.

This may be partially due to an obsession with save-scumming dialogue for the perfect outcome, but I feel like I may have altered my normal brain reaction to everyday responses... for better or worse.

Have any of you ever felt like this? I'm curious!

rcrave

Registered
Lewd
LV

May 6, 2023
LC COIN
not from VN's, I did join more discord convo's during covid since i started gaming more serious when i had the time to do so.
For me personally I only get better at speaking to people by actually speaking to them.

Sure if you are a hermit when it comes to making convo it could help a little with how to start a convo or something and realising people have emotions when it comes to the way you direct a convo. but further than that i dont think it would help much.

Reactions: 1 user

ukalias

Registered
Lewd
LV

Sep 19, 2022
LC COIN
I would not recommend learning conversation skills from a VN. That has the potential for disaster, you can't just load an earlier save in real life lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Republican Bear

Your Loli's Are Mine
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
LV

Nov 25, 2022
LC COIN
Doubt it helps many who play VNs but if it helped you then good for you.(y)

EraChanZ

True Connoisseur
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
LV

Oct 17, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
without how incredibly corny and straight up bad the writing in most adult VN's is, I sure as hell hope you don't pick up too much from it.. lol
convo's no THAT work that way IRL haha

Kaven

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jun 2, 2022
LC COIN
Nah, but I've found myself trying to reload a quicksave on occasion in real life. I'm disappointed every time it doesn't work.

Hanz Feltersnatch

AKA. Pfister Minky
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 3
Registered
Lewd
LV

Sep 16, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 3 (Work in progress)
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Yes and look at my harem now...
You must be registered to see attachments

BigEffinPerv

Registered
Lewd
LV

Apr 20, 2024
LC COIN
Most VNs are in broken English, so I'm thankful it didn't affect what little conversation skills I have.

SegmentCoalescing

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jan 8, 2023
LC COIN
Judging by how a lot of VNs are written, the chance of getting beat up or ending up in prison is pretty high. Wouldn't recommend.
That goes for copying the behavior of the MCs too.

• Haha

JojoLomax

Registered
Lewd
LV

Aug 24, 2022
LC COIN
In today's high moral society...
Been white, male and straight...
That is a hard pass there, buddy.

mrconeydog99

Registered
Lewd
LV

Feb 21, 2024
LC COIN
Haha I am really enjoying these responses. I guess I should have better phrased that I am definitely not using VN dialogue choices IRL. I do feel like I wish I could pause a conversation for longer to respond to, or not banter out my ass

Back
Top Bottom