Began work on my first game in KKS/Renpy, tips?

IlliterateMosquito

Registered
Lewd
LV

Dec 26, 2023
LC COIN
Seeing how often new games come out I've decided to begin working on my own through KKS and Renpy as a hobby. Me and Charastudio are still not the best of friends tho, but I got a screencap today with what I plan to be the base characters that I was happy with so I felt like sharing it. I'm basing the world off a rather well known table-top rpg and, while they don't have names yet, from left to right in the pic are a Human Fighter, Human MC, Halfling Rogue, Satyr Barbarian, and Sun Elf Druid (all 18+).

If anyone has any tips for working in charastudio I would REALLY appreciate it, especially in regards to making the maps/settings. I've tried watching videos but it can definitely feel overwhelming/confusing at times so I often end up doing trial and error. I don't really know if it's most common to just use maps (which I cannot find many of outside of the repack) or to build them from scratch using the items menu. In reality, even though I've yet to really delve into the renpy side, any tips at all for making a game as a beginner with kks and renpy are more than welcome as this isnt even remotely related to the skills I use daily in my normal life lol.

No telling how far I will actually be able to take this, but as I said before right now I really have just made a screencap that I enjoy and thought I would share. Thank you for any insight, wisdom, or tips anyone graciously provides me in advance :)

Attachments

• CharaStudio-2024-04-14-18-18-04-Render.png
    CharaStudio-2024-04-14-18-18-04-Render.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 7

IlliterateMosquito

Registered
Lewd
LV

Dec 26, 2023
LC COIN
What will the game main focus be like in kinks?
Way too early for me to say this as final "end all be all" but the game will most likely focus on Harem/romance with various fantasy races (monster girl? idk) in an adventuring school. It will also include animated scenes (cannot stand entirely still frame kks games). Potential additions in my head are cest, exhibitionism, and bdsm but for starting out I want to keep it straightforward and simple so those will come later. Aside from that what I can say with 100% certainty is there will be NO NETORARE, optional or not. To each their own but i hate it and dont even wanna write it, closest to there will ever be is netori where MC does the stealing. Also will not have scat, g/vore, gay, or any forced content.

If I ever get this truly running and out there, I would like to put out polls to those who play it for additions in the kink/character departments since the world I'm drawing from is so vast. But at this moment that is just a faraway dream to even have a community of people playing it, and first I need to worry about putting KKS and Renpy together to actually be able to call it a game and not just a collection of screenshots lol.

IlliterateMosquito

Registered
Lewd
LV

Dec 26, 2023
LC COIN
What will the game main focus be like in kinks?
Just noticed after posting my response that you're the creator of the "Everyone should try NTR a couple times" thread LMAO. Funny enough I did just that recently, if I share those thoughts I'll just head to your thread, but most I'll say here is it didn't sway me enough to want to include it in a game I'm making haha

Gravespawn

Registered
Lewd
LV

Aug 17, 2023
LC COIN
Try keeping it simple first to get an idea what to do, after you get a hang of thing then you can experiment.

Reactions: 1 user

mchlladams638

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jul 13, 2022
LC COIN
this is a similar situation as I'm in. I started playing around making my own renpy game in my spare time and I've found myself bouncing between spending time working on/improving the character design, the overall story, and the scripting in renpy. I just don't have the time to dedicate to pull this to completion (at a quality level i'd want) anytime soon

Back
Top Bottom