Registered
Lewd
LV

Jan 7, 2024
LC COIN
Prestige 3 (Work in progress)
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
Does anyone else mute their audio while playing AVNs or is it just me? In my opinion, the sound effects/voices are more of a distraction than bonus stimulation.
If not, do share what games you think are worthy of staying fully audible.

Reactions: 1 user

lalka618

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jun 5, 2023
LC COIN
Personally, I think music is needed. It helps to feel more subtly the moments of tension, satisfaction, fun and so on. With it, AVN's become much more atmospheric and enjoyable. If it is too loud, it is always possible to simply reduce its volume.

• Heart

Hunter4Ever

Registered
Lewd
LV

Feb 22, 2023
LC COIN
I love the AVNs that has music/sound effetcs, just lower the volume but music/sound effetcs is necessary in my opinion. Like Desert Stalker and Fashion Business.

U

User_3317

Unconfirmed
Some easy going lo-fi type background music is nice, and i do enjoy slurps or wet sounds during lewd scenes.

hrmm

Registered
Lewd
LV

Nov 19, 2022
LC COIN
I generally prefer to play AVNs muted. Whenever a dev is like "please play with sound on it really adds to the experience" I'll usually give it a go, but I find that a good 95% of them are filthy fucking liars (or delusional).

There's been a few games where I think sound actually did add to the experience, but I can't remember most of them off the top of my head. Realm Invader though is absolutely one of them (doesn't seem to have a thread on this site, check the other site or the ). I personally think it's a pretty funny game (humor is a very subjective thing though, so your mileage may vary) and a good portion of that humor is in the audio; the audio itself as well as the comedic timing of it. The music is pretty decent, too.

Last edited:

Enot1964

Registered
LV

Jan 5, 2024
LC COIN
Does anyone else mute their audio while playing AVNs or is it just me? In my opinion, the sound effects/voices are more of a distraction than bonus stimulation.
Agreed 100%

Navri

Apostle of Degeneracy
Prestige 1
Registered
LV

Dec 12, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 1
Mostly I play on mute. Somehow it feels the "right" way for me.

thiagodias

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jul 12, 2023
LC COIN
Most games just have generic music or moan sounds that the creator found on the internet, so yes I mute everything. The only exception may be the game Subverse, which has voice actresses hired specifically for the game.

Kwumkwat

Registered
Lewd
LV

Apr 13, 2024
LC COIN
Depends on the music. If its the generic music from everygame, I mute it but I do like voice work a lot.

mikix

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jun 1, 2023
LC COIN
I mute the Music, but not the audio and voices, i like the quiet moments.

RTTTT

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jul 19, 2022
LC COIN
I also completely mute games, 90% of the time. Can't deal with it. Probably an ADHD thing.

TwistedMoony

Game developer
Game Developer
Registered
Lewd
LV

Nov 13, 2023
LC COIN
As a dev I do support music in games. Nothing major but just a nice background music.

RTTTT

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jul 19, 2022
LC COIN
As a dev I do support music in games. Nothing major but just a nice background music.
I also support music/sound effects in games. It definitely enhances the experience. However, for many games I just don't deal with it. I'm not entirely sure why, honestly.

Boog

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jul 11, 2022
LC COIN
I think of these games as more like and interactive Comic. I mute everything and just read.

DeepSeed

Registered
Lewd
LV

Feb 10, 2023
LC COIN
Music can be a great addition, if well curated. I'll usually at least try it out if they bothered to try it out.

Voice acting I've encountered in AVN is very hit or miss. Some are suprisingly good and other seem like they gave someone a script and directed "Read this as monotone as possible and be sure you have no idea what's going on in the scene."

The worst is the voice audio clips. The "Ooh", "*Giggle*", "Yeah!", "No!", etc. Especially in games where they've linked them to EVERY statement a character makes.

• Heart
Reactions: 1 users
Back
Top Bottom