would you rather an ugly protagonist or the same one from dozens of games

jedichip

Registered
Lewd
Jun 22, 2023
Threads
LC COIN
Members+
I see the same faces on so many different games mc ..I would rather see an ugly one that doesn't remind me of a better game same mc.. hell just give them sunglasses or a mustache.. what do you think?

Reactions: 1 user

Uthuriel

Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
Jan 1, 2023
Threads
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Prestige 1

would you rather an ugly protagonist...​

No, I don't want to play as you... :kek:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

NateDawg59

Registered
Lewd
Feb 28, 2024
Threads
LC COIN
Members+
For 99% of the games out there, you're gonna get both. Even DAZ is almost always the chiseled face and hairstyle just with a difference in skin tone and hair color. For the others forget it, you're gonna get the guy with no eyes or damn near surprised pikachu face. There's always the saucer plate eyes with the short spike hair dude to fall back on as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Orion

Registered
Lewd
Sep 14, 2023
Threads
LC COIN
Members+
Preferably I'd like to create my own but otherwise some effort into making a unique character to play as is better than the horde of essentially blank faces

Degen Man

Prestige 1
Registered
Lewd
Aug 26, 2022
Threads
LC COIN
Prestige 1
Members+
As long as the MC's look makes sense for the story, I'm fine with whatever.

U

User_80256

Unconfirmed
The most important thing in any game/VN is a well-developed story and characters, the depth of their relationships. Everything else is secondary or tertiary.

HHTG

Registered
Lewd
Jul 24, 2022
Threads
LC COIN
Members+
I don't really have a need to see the protagonist so I'm fine either way.

Axelino1999

Registered
Lewd
Mar 6, 2024
Threads
LC COIN
Members+
I can play a game with ugly mc but i prefer and i appreciate more a good-looking one to be honest.

TheVicarious

Registered
Lewd
Oct 11, 2023
Threads
LC COIN
Members+
I don't mind playing an ugly MC but it depends on how the game is written, if it's written as in he is a hunk then it kinda takes me out of it.

Tosser

Grinding Up
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
Feb 2, 2023
Threads
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
I don't pay that much attention to the protag. I kind of like a POV protag where you don't really see the face too much since most of them either look goofy, ugly, or like douchebags.

Reactions: 1 user

KeelOver

Registered
Lewd
May 19, 2024
Threads
LC COIN
Members+
I don't pay that much attention to the protag. I kind of like a POV protag where you don't really see the face too much since most of them either look goofy, ugly, or like douchebags.
For me either the protag is not shown much or he has to look at least not ugly. Huge turnoff

belube

Registered
Lewd
Jan 14, 2024
Threads
LC COIN
Members+
Same one from other games. I think the protagonist should not get in the way of the lewd. It is a huge turn off to see some ugly dude all the time. It’s a different story if its mostly or entirely pov scenes. It was terrible in sovalley and villains legacy for me.

Rogaldorn777

Registered
Lewd
Apr 11, 2024
Threads
LC COIN
Members+
You know.. now that you say it. I realised.. Earlier (pre-2022 I guess) .. there is always this same MC in a lot of games.. bald .. kinda same model from Dreaming of Dana.

CambionDreamer

Registered
Feb 13, 2024
Threads
LC COIN
greyscale or transluscent protagonists are good, but I don't need them to look a certain way to play ... as intended ...

stangnomez

Registered
Lewd
Feb 14, 2023
Threads
LC COIN
I recognize repeat models and it usually doesn't bother me. The main exception is when the model is from the same base as the MC of Leap of Faith; that model is too distinct.

Back
Top Bottom