Worst and Best Cliche's/tropes media?

Blazinghedge

Registered
Lewd
Aug 21, 2023
LC COIN
This goes for any cliche/trope in any piece of media. The one that annoys me the most is an amnesia plot line, it just feels lazy. It's slightly better if the story starts with an amnesiac, but it's overdone with little variation in how it's executed it feels like. It's the worst when a character ends up with amnesia part way through a story, the story just grinds to a halt.

A trope that I can't get enough of is found family or a sundered family that gets back together.

yibifi2784

Registered
Lewd
Sep 3, 2022
LC COIN
It's very common in video games, but one thing that really bugs me is when characters are written to be extremely incompetent just to progress the plot and make the player feel superior.

Reactions: 1 user

Fall12Dr

Registered
Lewd
May 10, 2024
LC COIN
It bothers me when all the married couples in the stories have problems in their marriage and cheat on each other and break up so easily.

Reactions: 1 user

Blazinghedge

Registered
Lewd
Aug 21, 2023
LC COIN
It bothers me when all the married couples in the stories have problems in their marriage and cheat on each other and break up so easily.
Yeah sometimes it just feels like laziness on the writer's part having something dramatic happen to just to separate characters for what feels like melodrama or just exclusively to keep the story moving.

purequiche

Registered
Jul 27, 2023
LC COIN
The ones where one or both parents are dead or missing. Doubly so if there's foul play involved. Not everything has to be a mystery.
Ones where an MC can only make a certain choice early on and the other is blocked off only because they made one minor decision.

Back
Top Bottom