What's the best balance between game file size and image compression?

What does everyone prefer?

• High quality images with high filesizes for games

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Mid quality images with more reasonable filesizes for games

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mchlladams638

Registered
Lewd
Jul 13, 2022
LC COIN
This is just something I'm curious about. Some games are going out with 4k renders which look great, but is it really necessary when it makes the file size so much larger? I've gone for the unofficial compressed versions a few times and can barely notice the difference.

ViruzTeddy

Registered
Lewd
Sep 23, 2023
LC COIN
i guess only the rough edge is where it stood out for the rest mehh i think not really that big difference but i mostly download the compressed because i use internet data not a wifi with unlimited data so yeah

KantamaroSan

Registered
Jun 24, 2023
LC COIN
I prefer high quality, but then you need a good filehost too... not to mention a monitor and resolution which let's you notice the difference.
Another nice idea would be if they released big games in proper chapter downloads, but I've not seen that executed well yet.
If the game has high quality large size, someone can make a compressed version, the other way around does not work as well.

Enot1964

Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
Jan 5, 2024
LC COIN
Many developers have an unhealthy affection for graphic files in .png format. As a result, the game can bloat up to 10-15 GB. But on my UHD monitor I don't see any difference between .png and .WebP (of course, provided that the compression was within reasonable limits). And this saves up to 5 GB of disk space.

vinkelsier

Registered
Lewd
Jul 26, 2022
LC COIN
Man, 4k graphics is worth shit when I'm fapping.
I wold rather be able to download the game fast than have the crispest image possible

XPS3

Registered
Lewd
Jan 17, 2024
LC COIN
I would prefer for the visuals to look great since download speed is not a problem.

U

User_105743

Unconfirmed
I don't mind either way but I like when there's multiple options for everyone

lcstb

Registered
Lewd
Mar 13, 2023
LC COIN
To be honest: I no longer care about size. I have more than enough bandwidth and diskspace to handle anything.
I hate it though when images are so compressed it appears as if they are blurred....

mikenuts666

Registered
Lewd
Apr 14, 2023
LC COIN
Don't really care about file size, gimme them sweet crispy clear 4k tits and burn them on my eyes

TheVampirate

Pope of the Loli Church
Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
Mar 25, 2024
LC COIN
Man, 4k graphics is worth shit when I'm fapping.
I wold rather be able to download the game fast than have the crispest image possible
Not to mention they're using daz models half the time and they dont look good in 720p giving them 4k quality isn't going to solve anything.

Reactions: 1 user

Djehuty

☕︎ City Pop and chill~
Prestige 1
Registered
Lewd
Apr 23, 2024
LC COIN
Prestige 1
The amount of devs not using webp and webm format is baffling.

Reactions: 1 user

ViruzTeddy

Registered
Lewd
Sep 23, 2023
LC COIN
well if i got really good wifi and unlimited data i usually go all out to download the best avaible but sadly rn no wifi and limited internet data so yeah i use the best compressed file avaible

Back
Top Bottom