Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
LV

Sep 3, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
I thought I'd start a discussion on a topic I am genuinely interested in - rather than the topics that are being started simply to score engagement/points/coins/credits/wishes/etc. I really would like to know peoples opinion on this!
When a game is added... Are you someone who will play anything and everything? Or do you wait for a certain level of finish? Do you only play Complete games? Or what?
For me... when I first found these games, I would play everything - regardless of when it released or how often it was updated - now though, I find myself only really playing Completed games unless something really catches my eye. I've realised the sheer number of games, even playing Completed games takes awhile.

That said, there's a few games I picked up at the start which I eagerly watch updates for... But then I try and wait, so I can pick them up with a large update of content.

Reactions: 13 users

rangotop

Registered
Lewd
LV

May 1, 2023
LC COIN
It'll depend on the initial comments. Different devs will post their initial versions with different levels of content. I rely on the people to tell me if it's worth or not

Reactions: 3 users
U

User_48461

Unconfirmed
I always start at Version # <vaginal sex> + <creampie>

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Evil Surgeon

Friendly Neighborhood Psychopath
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 3
Prestige 4
Registered
Lewd
LV

May 2, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 4 (WIP)
Prestige 3 (Work in progress)
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
I thought I'd start a discussion on a topic I am genuinely interested in - rather than the topics that are being started simply to score engagement/points/coins/credits/wishes/etc. I really would like to know peoples opinion on this!
When a game is added... Are you someone who will play anything and everything? Or do you wait for a certain level of finish? Do you only play Complete games? Or what?
For me... when I first found these games, I would play everything - regardless of when it released or how often it was updated - now though, I find myself only really playing Completed games unless something really catches my eye. I've realised the sheer number of games, even playing Completed games takes awhile.

That said, there's a few games I picked up at the start which I eagerly watch updates for... But then I try and wait, so I can pick them up with a large update of content.
I really don't have a preference. If it's got what I like, I play it. Yeah, sure.. I'd love it to have more updates under its belt before I play it, but I'll still try it out.

Reactions: 2 users

derpstuff

Prestige 1
Registered
Lewd
LV

Apr 28, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 1
Depends on how much hype is around it. I usually wait a bit for content to build up but some I'll get in on early versions if a friend is screaming about how good it is.

Reactions: 1 users

tyrannicpuppy

Registered
Lewd
LV

Apr 25, 2023
LC COIN
I've never held to version numbers. If a games description and previews catch my attention, I'll probably download it and play. If they only get me halfway there, I'll check the thread and reviews and see what the collective thought on it is. That has helped me jump on or off a few. Mostly, what will distract me from playing a game is if a dev is too prolific. I've been following Doc5252 for ages, but he updated his games so frequently I just figured I'd wait for the next version to finally dive in and give it a play. Finally did this weekend and they were great. But there is already another update on the horizon.

Once I've played though, I tend to just watch them for a while before jumping on each new update. A game has to be truly special to have me downloading and playing every single update as it comes out. Most don't offer enough per release to bother with (especially with my diminished potential play time). So I track them for updates and occasionally jump in when I think it's been a while and I want a refresher. Most of those I play through from the beginning again.

Thedengenlurker

Registered
Lewd
LV

Mar 30, 2024
LC COIN
Im currently keeping up with taffy tales, sex gods, any update from rockcandy, same with beachsidebunny for bunnycop and a couple more. I will play every new update to completion.

Monokuma

Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
LV

Sep 3, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
I've never held to version numbers. If a games description and previews catch my attention, I'll probably download it and play. If they only get me halfway there, I'll check the thread and reviews and see what the collective thought on it is. That has helped me jump on or off a few. Mostly, what will distract me from playing a game is if a dev is too prolific. I've been following Doc5252 for ages, but he updated his games so frequently I just figured I'd wait for the next version to finally dive in and give it a play. Finally did this weekend and they were great. But there is already another update on the horizon.

Once I've played though, I tend to just watch them for a while before jumping on each new update. A game has to be truly special to have me downloading and playing every single update as it comes out. Most don't offer enough per release to bother with (especially with my diminished potential play time). So I track them for updates and occasionally jump in when I think it's been a while and I want a refresher. Most of those I play through from the beginning again.

This is probably the closest to my own experience! Except I transitioned a little into more Completed games, I guess. But definitely the whole "if there is buzz" or the waiting until coming back again...

Urusaisenpai

Registered
Lewd
LV

Apr 27, 2023
LC COIN
@upbutte Lmao. Bro is talking my language :LOL:
Jokes aside.
Just give me at least 1 scene then i'll jump in and see what's its about generally.

Reactions: 5 users

r_455h2

Registered
Lewd
LV

Apr 19, 2023
LC COIN
Usually 0.3 unless I recognize the dev or like the premise.
If updates are short I usually wait 2 to 3 updates for more content.

alvin

HardCoreOtaku
Prestige 1
Registered
Lewd
LV

Apr 24, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 1
same with me, but for the game that i rally enjoy, like Grandma House, i played every update..the rest, pile up chapter first..

bonersaurus

Registered
Lewd
LV

Oct 12, 2022
LC COIN
i'll jump in on a .01 if it promises some of my favorite fetishes, but i tend to assume an initial release will be pretty scant. it's also kind of annoying when you jump into a new game that's littered with "in development" disclaimers all over the interface.

basically, i just want something that's developed enough (or properly scoped enough) that i'm not worried the next update will be a save breaking overhaul.

Vulkan117

Registered
Lewd
LV

Feb 15, 2023
LC COIN
I play lessons in love as the girls are hot and there’s a lot of content even though it’s not complete.

tyrannicpuppy

Registered
Lewd
LV

Apr 25, 2023
LC COIN
This is probably the closest to my own experience! Except I transitioned a little into more Completed games, I guess. But definitely the whole "if there is buzz" or the waiting until coming back again...
There are a lot I'm following waiting for completion. They seem interesting, but not to the point where I will play them mid-development. And there are a few that have been flagged complete yet still continue to receive updates. Which has me questioning what complete means to some folks.

But basically, if a game grabs my attention, Imma play it. If it only mildly pulls at my attention, it gets a follow and I'll get around to it eventually.

I've grabbed some 0.1s because the idea just was too good to pass up. OSiL was one of those and I followed it right to the end, and it's little spin off. I'll follow Shiny to hell and back after that magnificence. They did provide some nice sex in the first entry though, so that helped. Found in Translation and Ravenous are another two that have had my attention from the off. A few others I've found a couple of entries in and rabidly wait for any more content.

Free playtime is the premium for me now I have a roommate again. So my priority has to go where the pull is strongest. The rest just get watched until they manage to override something else to the top of the attention stack.

Uncle Loco

Game Developer
Prestige 1
Lewd
LV

May 19, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 1
I don't get a ton of time to play many games due to making my own, but when I do have time to try something it is normally by word of mouth from fans of my own VN. I normally hear about a game a few times, and then I check out the teaser images on the main page. If at least one of the characters catches my eye (LOL who am I kidding just looking for a cute redhead), then I will give it a shot. However some themes I just have to go by the teaser images and not word of mouth. In those cases, it does not matter the update number or current tags (I do avoid certain tags, but I am not getting into that nightmare of a conversation).

burner4

Registered
Lewd
LV

Apr 4, 2023
LC COIN
I usually jump in (if i like the premise) when there are at least 2 scenes per LI.

Reactions: 1 user

fivesteaks

Registered
Lewd
LV

Apr 25, 2022
LC COIN
i'll jump in on a .01 if it promises some of my favorite fetishes, but i tend to assume an initial release will be pretty scant. it's also kind of annoying when you jump into a new game that's littered with "in development" disclaimers all over the interface.

basically, i just want something that's developed enough (or properly scoped enough) that i'm not worried the next update will be a save breaking overhaul.
Basically this. I avoid 0.1/"initial release" because they're often not worth the time.

If something looks interesting I'll bookmark it with the label "check back" and then look through that list every so often.

If it looks *really* interesting I'll download it and give it a try. If I like it after that first taste I'll bookmark it with the label "update watch" and list the current update number in the Message field. Then later when I'm looking through my bookmarks it's easy to tell at a glance when something has been updated since last time I played it.

Works pretty well, all things considered.

Sural Argonus

Uhhh...What's this button do?
Game Developer
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 3
Registered
Lewd
LV

Jun 21, 2023
Website
suralargonus.wixsite.com
LC COIN
Prestige 3 (Work in progress)
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
It depends on the game and it's dev cycle.

Say...a game like Grandma's House, I usually wait a couple publishes...I really like that one, but the updates always feel a little short because of the fast update cycle, so I let a few updates go by before playing.

Others I will grab them as soon as I see they are updated.

Or I play it then forget about it for months or even a year or so.

Senda

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jan 15, 2024
LC COIN
2-3 updates on average, but if the content of the updates is minimal, such as But I'm the bad guy, then 6-7.

Back
Top Bottom