What ruins a game?

chenzhou

Registered
Lewd
LV

Mar 23, 2024
LC COIN
Bad writing like a child wrote the translation, getting a rework form the beginning years later, and adding
NTR when it wasn't planned. Those are just some of the things that can ruin any game nowadays.
You mean you don't like the Engrish? Neither do I.

I had to study English myself and bad translations really grind my gears...BUT I will make the rare exception if the game play is good. I -might- offer to correctly translate it to the proper English, or UK English if needed.

Why do they use a UK flag to indicate English when it's written in 'Murican most the time anyway? :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Stoni1234

Registered
Lewd
LV

Oct 16, 2023
LC COIN
what puts me off the most is:
-bad writing (many timejumps, plot holes, inconsistant characters) and/or bad translation.
-short scenes
-over complicated game route design without ingame walkthrough
-grinding the same 3 render scene over and over to get to the next

render quality and models arent that important to me. can live with hs1 or other mediocre models as long as the points mentioned above are good.

steamblower

Registered
LV

Apr 26, 2023
LC COIN
For me it's the stupid Mini-Games and the QTE stuff. Not found a single game where Mini-Games have added any fun. The QTE's can sorta be cheesed though in some games.

Just Another Rando

Registered
Lewd
LV

Aug 17, 2023
LC COIN
Oh boy I have a list :ROFLMAO:

• A badly written storyline (anything where the storyline jumps around more than a hyperactive kid is enough to put me off)
  • Sandbox if it isn't done right or overly empty
  • Unnecessary grind
  • Forced kinks just so the dev can appease someone
  • Reboot of a story less than 2 updates in just because.
  • Useless choices that lead only to dead ends or gameovers (Seriously what's the point)

There's probably more but I can't just pinpoint everything or I'd come across as a grumpy old man

U

User_103781

Unconfirmed
Idiot main character.
Stupidity makes my blood boild.

I struggle with: They should have been arrested stories too.
It isnt as bad as idiot main characters but some stories have the characters to so obvious in there exploitive efforts(like sucking un the table in full view of everyone)
That it just kills all immersion.
I dont expect cops to be this incompetent.
There is only so much you can blame on bad law enforcement before it becomes plot contrivance.

Jubjub

Registered
Lewd
LV

Oct 7, 2022
LC COIN
Bad dialogue. That's what caused me to quit playing most of the games I've played. It's good that anybody and their dog can make a game using Ren'Py but maybe don't leave the dog in charge of writing the script.

Reactions: 1 users

OneFuzzyHat

Registered
Lewd
LV

Sep 22, 2023
LC COIN
Scat and grotesque body proportions, especially for futa/trans characters. Both I just don't find attractive, although the first genuinely disgusts me while the second is just distracting (in a bad way).

jerry18

Registered
Lewd
LV

Mar 15, 2023
LC COIN
necrophilia is a big (n) for me. I founded it offensive and disgusting.

jbella

Registered
LV

Dec 13, 2022
LC COIN
I may be stupid, but i play for the story, just as much as i play for the sex.

I don't mind low amount of sex scenes, don't mind bad renders (even tho, when i look for a game, i base my final decision a lot on that), but if the story isn't passable, i will just stop caring. Maybe i'll still finish it, but i won't be interested
I agree. 'Good morning! I want to learn about sex.' 'OK, I will show you'

lots of unfished games with that basic storyline

Ali ibn Hassan

Registered
LV

Aug 28, 2023
LC COIN
When the game's finished

Back
Top Bottom