What games not made in renpy would you like ported to it?

Loco

Registered
Lewd
Jan 6, 2023
LC COIN
Ok I think this is a good one. I see plenty or at least a bunch of games being ported to renpy from other engines, but rarely or ever the other way around.
So what are some gams you've suffered through in RPGM or else that you would like to see on renpy?

I know some people enjoy games made in rpgm if that's you, that's cool this thread isn't for you though ; )

Edit: Forgot to mention, when I say ported to renpy I mean specifically as mostly a kinetic novel or with choices, NOT A SANDBOX.

Loco

Registered
Lewd
Jan 6, 2023
LC COIN
Oh I think mine would be Claire's Quest which is not the worst rpgm already and also they have a very easily accessible gallery in there, but I would still like to go through it as a novel.

ZerueL

Registered
Lewd
Nov 17, 2022
LC COIN
Ashes of War by CTStudio. Made in Unity, mostly a VN. It has a ship combat feature, but then again I've seen a Ren'py game that has a similar system to AoW's ship combat so it being ported to Ren'py actually would be better for it since it's like 90% VN. Heck, I know a Ren'py game(Adventurer Trainer) that has a combat system derived from Octopath Traveler and it works great.

Guild of Spicy Adventures by Hikkeiru. Made in Unity, not a pure VN since it has sandbox elements, but they're mainly travelling from 1 place to another to start the story/routes/scenes. Think of Goddess' Whim, Champion of Realms, & Corrupted Kingdoms. These 3 I've mentioned are made in Ren'py, and the gameplay is very similar to GoSA.

2 of Winterfire's games. Legacy of Hestia, & Vox Gremory. I understand it being made in Unity since the dev did not intend for it to really be a VN, but if the game is 80-90% VN and with all the games I've seen made in Ren'py with their unique/great custom systems/combat, I think Ren'py would be a better engine. I guess the dev is just more used to Unity that's why it's made there.

I just hate Unity & the performance issues & bugs it brings which you wouldn't find in ren'py.

Last edited:

AlBetGam

Registered
Lewd
Dec 11, 2023
LC COIN
Anomalous Dr Vibes. Maybe it's improved since I last played it, but whatever engine it's in is more or less just trying to be Renpy without being good at any of the things Renpy does well.

Reactions: 1 user
Back
Top Bottom