What does Age Play mean to you in relation to AVN games?

If you saw an Age Play tag on a game, what would you assume it meant?

• The game features roleplaying in which character acts or treats another as if they are diff age.

Votes: 33 50.0%
  • The game has a way to let you choose the age of some or all characters.

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • Both/either of these.

Votes: 19 28.8%

• Total voters

Darkrift411

Diamond
Registered
Lewd
Apr 24, 2022
LC COIN
I was asked about adding an Age Play tag, but it seems there are various definitions about what Age Play means in regards to adult games and AVNs (as is true of a lot of other tags).

As I am not an expert, I figured it would be a good idea to get opinions from others before making a choice.

To me, when you say age play, I think of one person pretending to be a different age to satisfy a kink from the other partner or themselves. Example, wife pretending to be a student because the husband likes younger girls. Or husband pretending to be older because the wife is into that.

It was described as also covering games where an age slider/choice is provided. I personally have only seen age choices in games where (from my understanding) it was used so the player can choose the age they feel the characters are but the game can default to saying "they are 18" if no choice is made. Basically a mechanic to get around Patreon or other sites rules.

I am trying to figure out if one tag should/could cover both of these, or if two different tags would be needed.

Slavious

Registered
Lewd
Jan 4, 2023
LC COIN
honestly i think its easier if one just leaves it to the user to define the age of their pixels. its absurd that such a thing is even necessary. but why put oneself at risk of providing anything that could be even contemplated as against the rules of society.
I don't have any experience coding these games so i don't know how hard that is. but I can only imagine how many creators have encountered a negative experienced because they even hinted that a pixel could possibly be less than 18 years in existence, just based on my limited interaction with those that actually have experienced exactly this.
In a world where silly metrics like "breast size" are supposedly a marker for age one need not further complicate things by actually stating an age, just make it the users problem and they can deal with the FBI/RCMP etc. if they come knocking! :p

Myuhinny

Aug 6, 2022
LC COIN
Ageplay or age play is a form of roleplaying in which an individual acts or treats another as if they are a different age. Ageplay is roleplaying between adults, and involves consent from all parties. Ageplay is not necessarily sexual. Portraying any age can be the goal of ageplay, from babies to a child to the elderly. Usually this involves someone pretending to be younger than they actually are, but more rarely can involve assuming an older role.

Reactions: 3 users

TheElwoodBlues

Registered
Lewd
May 21, 2022
LC COIN
Tags seem to have no relationship to the outside world and only act as a very loose content advisor. I voted both for this reason alone

BgileMunro

Sapphire
Registered
Lewd
Sep 22, 2022
LC COIN
Ageplay or age play is a form of roleplaying in which an individual acts or treats another as if they are a different age. Ageplay is roleplaying between adults, and involves consent from all parties. Ageplay is not necessarily sexual. Portraying any age can be the goal of ageplay, from babies to a child to the elderly. Usually this involves someone pretending to be younger than they actually are, but more rarely can involve assuming an older role.
I agree, and I would not use that tag for anything else.

I like it when a game sets the default age of a character, often the oldest sibling or parent, and allows you to change that, and your choice affects the age of all the other people in the game, so I don't have to make choices in the introduction of the ages of people I don't "know" yet. I also like it when you can change ages in preferences any time you want, in case the age set in the game doesn't seem right to you. I have no idea what tag I would assign to that though, and I'm not sure it's necessary.

Reactions: 1 users

BgileMunro

Sapphire
Registered
Lewd
Sep 22, 2022
LC COIN
My favorite use of age play is in OSiL, where the MC's main LI pretends to be a younger girl during sex and her appearance changes accordingly during the act.

Reactions: 1 user

seronis

Registered
Oct 11, 2022
LC COIN
It is the first and utterly never the 2nd option.
If I am self inserting in a game as someone of different ages (like assigning the age of the MC and LIs) then that is me personally doing ageplay by loose definition, but that is not the GAME having ageplay content so the tag 100% does not apply. Tags are for the games content.

Azkosel

Staff member
Administrator
Game Developer
Lewd
Apr 23, 2022
LC COIN
It is interesting that everyone says it;s the first, but no a single suggestion for what to call the 2nd. We are trying to decide tags, and specifically one for games where you CAN select the age of the character. Yet not a single person has offered a suggestion for a short simple easy to understand tag for this.

Last edited:

seronis

Registered
Oct 11, 2022
LC COIN
It is interesting that everyone says it;s the first, but no a single suggestion for what to call the 2nd. We are trying to decide tags, and specifically one for games where you CAN select the age of the character. Yet not a single person has offered a suggestion for a short simple easy to understand tag for this.
Age-Selectable? Age-Op?

Personally i vote nothing. Thats something that should just be in the game description rather than important enough for a tag

Azkosel

Staff member
Administrator
Game Developer
Lewd
Apr 23, 2022
LC COIN
Age-Selectable? Age-Op?

Personally i vote nothing. Thats something that should just be in the game description rather than important enough for a tag
The point of the tag would be for filtering. There are some of us that would like to look specifically for a game that has this option.

• Thinking
Reactions: 1 user

BgileMunro

Sapphire
Registered
Lewd
Sep 22, 2022
LC COIN
"age select", or "age selected".

Darkrift411

Diamond
Registered
Lewd
Apr 24, 2022
LC COIN
I think "Adjustable age" is prob clear enough. I can clarify it more in the definition.

Reactions: 1 users

astrella

Registered
Apr 28, 2022
LC COIN
ageplay to my understanding has always been roleplay, separate tags if needed. but quite unnecessary since its fairly minor

h3n741.g33k

Registered
Lewd
Sep 23, 2023
LC COIN
ageplay is just roleplay by adults. It's been a thing since long before the internet. TLDR short, buncha "normies" who want to "relive their youth" and or "play house" make use of ageplay. why? because they are actually "attracted" in some way to hebe/smols yet are hypocritical/in-denial about it. So they LARP. To live out those "taboo fantasies" in a "healthy" and (loosely) "socially accepted" manner.

Such persons also get "really mad+defensive" if you point out that the attraction to "certain agism" lumps them into certain clinical definitions of attraction.

Then there's idk acronym, adult baby diaper fet. Oddly enough, since the internet, aside from "vanilla" ageplay of daddy v daughter/mother v son larps the diaper stuff is the most common. Which mostly is not even a sexual fet abd closer to a type of petplay. Where the pet pretends to be a baby, particularly wetting/soiling self, along with crying tantrums and the "caretaker" just takes care of them as if they were a living version of one of those middle school health class simulated dolls.

Donation drives

Latest Updates page

everything that get donated will go to parceload who is developing the new latest updates page.
Goal
$1,500.00
Earned
$550.00
This donation drive ends in
Donation Drive
Click one of these buttons to initiate donation.
Back
Top Bottom