What are your favorite British/Canadian/Down under TV shows?

staller

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jul 8, 2023
LC COIN
Since a lot of people are grinding to get LCs, why not get recommendations on something other than adult games while grinding? I will post a few that I like:
  1. Death in paradise
  2. Father Brown (the new one)
  3. Midsomer Murders
  4. Sherlock Holmes (with Jeremy Brett)
  5. The lLst Detective
  6. Shetland (excluding the newest season 8 and onward)
  7. Inside No. 9
  8. Don't forget the driver
  9. Heartbeat
  10. Doc Martin
  11. IT Crowd
  12. Murdoch Mysteries
  13. Mystery Road
  14. The Heart Guy
  15. Line of Duty
There are more but I will let others post them.

Reactions: 1 users

Arachel

Now offending at least 8
Registered
Lewd
LV

Apr 13, 2024
LC COIN
I thought Carter was pretty good coming out of Canada, but I like a good campy detective show and Jerry O'Connell.

Reactions: 1 user
U

User_90167

Unconfirmed
I would have to say a tie between What we do in the Shadows and IT Crowd

staller

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jul 8, 2023
LC COIN
I thought Carter was pretty good coming out of Canada, but I like a good campy detective show and Jerry O'Connell.
There is one that is Seinfeldish kind of show about a guy who owns a gas station. Can't recall the name. That was good. Murdoch mysteries is Canadian show too

Arachel

Now offending at least 8
Registered
Lewd
LV

Apr 13, 2024
LC COIN
There is one that is Seinfeldish kind of show about a guy who owns a gas station. Can't recall the name. That was good. Murdoch mysteries is Canadian show too
Is Murdoch Mysteries campy. I don't care for shows like Luthor that are more grizzled. I'm a Psych, Monk, Diagnosis Murder kind of gal.

staller

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jul 8, 2023
LC COIN
Is Murdoch Mysteries campy. I don't care for shows like Luthor that are more grizzled. I'm a Psych, Monk, Diagnosis Murder kind of gal.
I love Monk. I have watched it at least 3 times. I liked Psych too. For witty shows, Frasier is my go to show. Lost count how many times I have watched it. Murdoch is set in late 19th century about a detective who finds novel ways (new discoveries at that time) to solve mysteries. It has a lot inventors of that time. It may take a full season to get into the show though.

ohhagb

Lurker Extraordinaire
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
LV

Sep 8, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
I can really recommend Mr. Inbetween.

Arachel

Now offending at least 8
Registered
Lewd
LV

Apr 13, 2024
LC COIN
Oh does Sliders count as Canadian? The first two seasons were filmed in British Columbia at least even if the majority of it was filmed in LA.

Demiurge299

Registered
Lewd
LV

Sep 11, 2023
LC COIN
Since a lot of people are grinding to get LCs, why not get recommendations on something other than adult games while grinding? I will post a few that I like:
  1. Death in paradise
  2. Father Brown (the new one)
  3. Midsomer Murders
  4. Sherlock Holmes (with Jeremy Brett)
  5. The lLst Detective
  6. Shetland (excluding the newest season 8 and onward)
  7. Inside No. 9
  8. Don't forget the driver
  9. Heartbeat
  10. Doc Martin
  11. IT Crowd
  12. Murdoch Mysteries
  13. Mystery Road
  14. The Heart Guy
  15. Line of Duty
There are more but I will let others post them.
Can't say I've ever watched many at all. I guess the only two that would qualify would be Benedict Cumberbatch's Sherlock, and Doctor Who (Doctors 9 through the early half of 12. the series ended there and they never made anything else ever.)

fyl3toys

Prestige 1
Registered
Lewd
LV

Aug 20, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 1
I actually think the Australian version of Survivor is better than the original.

staller

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jul 8, 2023
LC COIN
Oh does Sliders count as Canadian? The first two seasons were filmed in British Columbia at least even if the majority of it was filmed in LA.

first two seasons, I guess.

Can't say I've ever watched many at all. I guess the only two that would qualify would be Benedict Cumberbatch's Sherlock, and Doctor Who (Doctors 9 through the early half of 12. the series ended there and they never made anything else ever.)
Yep, Benedict's Sherlock is good.

ohhagb

Lurker Extraordinaire
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
LV

Sep 8, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
rating is pretty good. too bad it's not on acorn.
Yeah, you might have to sail the high seas for it... Check out the trailer on Youtube. You might like it. The good raiting is very much deserved. Sadly no more seasons are planned.

staller

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jul 8, 2023
LC COIN
Yeah, you might have to sail the high seas for it... Check out the trailer on Youtube. You might like it. The good raiting is very much deserved. Sadly no more seasons are planned.
that sucks. premise sound like Ray Donovan.

Back
Top Bottom