Was there a game you have played with multiple LI paths, but you stopped after the first because you felt like you were cheating on the first one?

Onion1sgood

Registered
Lewd
LV

Dec 27, 2022
LC COIN
I remember playing this game called Princess Evangile [MoonStone] which has multiple LIs that one can do their paths one at a time. I really enjoyed it, but at the end of the first path (the pink haired one I met first) I didn't really want to go pursue the other paths, because it felt like I was cheating. Because I would still have to interact with the first girl for the main story in the other girl's paths, it felt like I would be snubbing her. weird, huh?

Anyway have you all come across any games where you just stuck with one of the possible love interests for similar reasons?

• Thinking
Reactions: 1 user

thgan

Registered
Lewd
LV

Feb 16, 2024
LC COIN
i honestly felt that when i played summertime saga for the first time, then i realised it did not matter.

Tch11

Registered
Lewd
LV

Sep 21, 2023
LC COIN
The Persona series; but only because the game keeps reminding you that you are already in a relationship.

NateDawg59

Registered
Lewd
LV

Feb 28, 2024
LC COIN
I have the opposite issue, I usually find one I like but the other characters get content while my favorite gets ignored. Otherwise not really, if it's a harem type game the whole point is "gotta collect 'em all".

Geshtar

Registered
Lewd
LV

Dec 29, 2022
LC COIN
Acting Lessons made me feel guilty for choosing one LI over another. Great game but even the ideal outcome is rough. I'll always push for the harem outcome even if it hurts one of the LIs in the short-term though. Optimistically, I just assume the aggrieved party will come around to my way of seeing things eventually.

VND

perv
Prestige 4
Registered
Lewd
LV

Feb 4, 2024
LC COIN
I did it with Radiant the first play. Than I read a post from the dev, which said. This is a harem game... After that I played it another time.

Oh never played a leap of faith after Cece route. Only Cece. No one else.

Reactions: 1 users

NateDawg59

Registered
Lewd
LV

Feb 28, 2024
LC COIN
Acting Lessons made me feel guilty for choosing one LI over another. Great game but even the ideal outcome is rough. I'll always push for the harem outcome even if it hurts one of the LIs in the short-term though. Optimistically, I just assume the aggrieved party will come around to my way of seeing things eventually.
That's pretty much how most decent harem games go.

NotJonathanFrakes

Registered
Lewd
LV

Mar 12, 2023
LC COIN
I get that feeling sometimes when a game is made well enough to warrant trying other LI paths I'm actually not really into.
And I notice how I'm struggling for a moment in some scenes where you're in a situation with your actual favorite LI present and the one you want to check out and have to decide in favor of. That just feels wrong. Acting Lessons is a good example, but BaDIK comes to mind, too. Well, Dr.Pinkcake in both cases.

e6mill

Prestige 1
Registered
Lewd
LV

May 14, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 1
I mostly won't play games that force me to choose. I don't have time to play over & over to see the whole game. So if there's not an appropriate mod I usually just pass on those. I'm not objecting to monogamy, just the pathing.

4pleb

Registered
Lewd
LV

May 4, 2022
LC COIN
well suppose thats the dev's job to manage multiple relationships and decide what kind of interactions you get

but as a player who just want to fap, unless the girl turns you off its all fair game

mikster

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jul 17, 2023
LC COIN
I almost always get that feeling when trying to replay games that give choices in this matter, so pretty much quit doing that at all. One playthrough and that's enough, unless I let so much time pass, that I hardly remember the first time I played it. In particular, I remember trying to replay Katawa Shoujo immediately after finishing it for the first time and being saddened that I had to ignore my first preference every time a choice came up.

Enot1964

Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
LV

Jan 5, 2024
LC COIN
I act in the game the way I would in real life. I recognize love only for one person, otherwise it is not love.
I act the same way in games - I don't f****ng need a harem, I need a person to love.
And why I disliked Radiant - the developer did not leave the possibility of communicating with the triplets only as daughters, since the game has a block on other outcome than to be in bed with one of the daughters, the game is dead to me.
Yeah, the harem tag is on my ignore list.

This User is on vacation. Response time may be delayed. Vacation to Mar 20, 2064.

Augustus

Game Developer
Registered
Lewd
LV

Jun 1, 2022
LC COIN
One of the rare aspects I hated about Sisterly Lust is that you had to cheat in order to get the harem ending. If I had my way, I'd never have my MCs enter monogamous relationships to begin with.

Reactions: 2 users

Monokuma

Causing Chaos and Despair
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 4
Registered
Lewd
LV

Sep 3, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 4 (WIP)
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
I remember playing this game called Princess Evangile [MoonStone] which has multiple LIs that one can do their paths one at a time. I really enjoyed it, but at the end of the first path (the pink haired one I met first) I didn't really want to go pursue the other paths, because it felt like I was cheating. Because I would still have to interact with the first girl for the main story in the other girl's paths, it felt like I would be snubbing her. weird, huh?

Anyway have you all come across any games where you just stuck with one of the possible love interests for similar reasons?

I felt bad when Liara came back in Mass Effect after being absent in the original ME2...
Does that count?

sam46

Registered
Lewd
LV

Sep 25, 2023
LC COIN
I don't put myself in the shoes of the main character, I don't give a fuck as an omnipotent observant being

• Heart
Reactions: 2 users

rennerd

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jan 14, 2024
LC COIN
sometimes, depends on the game. Generally why I like the harem route, no major disappointment for anyone, even if I know it's unrealistic.

Back
Top Bottom