Other Universal Ren'Py Mod (URM) [2.1.2] [0x52]

Justaflynn

Registered
Lewd
Sep 25, 2022
LC COIN
Love this mod. I use it in the vast majority of the games I play. I'm not a very technical guy, but it's so nice getting an easy way to peek behind the curtain and keep track of what variables are changing and controlling paths.

absoluteTreebrush

Registered
Lewd
Mar 25, 2023
LC COIN
Honestly, its great to have all these abilities in one place. And the improvements do keep coming. I've managed a handful of small scripts to adjust games to my liking, but this one takes the cake as the swiss-army-knife of ren'py accessibility.

Massap

Registered
Lewd
May 10, 2023
LC COIN
Is there a way to just get it to remove the text dialog background and add an outline to text without it messing with anything else in the text box? That way it would eliminate the need of the y-outline mod as well.

TheArTiLLeRy

Registered
Lewd
Apr 1, 2023
LC COIN
Definitely one of the most versatile and powerful mods out there. Use it on most games that have more complex coding and use it for mostly for renaming characters/relationships and variable changes/cheats for games that don't have that option built in. Once you get the hang of it, this mod can replace other more simple unlocking type mods. This tool is a must for me with more grindy/sandbox games that have silly time/money/variable limits on story progress. A nice feature built in is that it will let you know when a new version is out and can update from within the game.

It makes you wish there was a tool like this for all the games not using the Ren'Py engine.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

AeX

Registered
Mar 10, 2023
LC COIN
Definitely one of the most versatile and powerful mods out there. Use it on most games that have more complex coding and use it for mostly for renaming characters/relationships and variable changes/cheats for games that don't have that option built in. Once you get the hang of it, this mod can replace other more simple unlocking type mods. This tool is a must for me with more grindy/sandbox games that have silly time/money/variable limits on story progress. A nice feature built in is that it will let you know when a new version is out and can update from within the game.

It makes you wish there was a tool like this for all the games not using the Ren'Py engine.

That this mod exists makes me reconsider if I even want to play non-RenPy games. It's just that good. I install it for every single game that I play. Sometimes I don't use it at all, and sometimes it can take away some of the grind for those games that have no business being that grindy. Without it, I worry I might develop carpal tunnel from all the nonsense clicking some games require.

Reactions: 1 users

Rydor

Registered
Lewd
Sep 13, 2023
LC COIN
I am increasingly noticing that save-files cannot be modified with saveeditonline (more precisely: the modified save-file cannot be opened in Android). Then an Android version or port would certainly make sense. Is there such a port?

Trophy83

Registered
Lewd
Apr 27, 2023
LC COIN
Never knew this was a solution for my Problem in some Sandbox games where u have to Grind like Hell thank you sooo much for this awesome mod

DemonRealm

Poorest lolicoiner. Humblest reciever of lolicoins
Registered
Dec 13, 2022
Begging infront of Kavinsky's lolicoins stash
LC COIN
This god mod saved me from the egregious grind a lot of devs use to elongate 'game time' and the illusive practices like 'mini games' to justify lack of content.
It is a must have and I use it on almost every vn I encounter with love/corruption points and especially when it is a sandbox.

solopsi

Registered
Lewd
Aug 11, 2022
LC COIN
Does anyone know if there is a way to check which version of URM is compatible with a particular game version? I've noticed occasionally a game will error on startup due to URM being either too old or too new for that particular version of renpy. Just curious

Derp

Registered
Lewd
May 7, 2022
LC COIN
Great mod for Ren'Py games.

Btw URM 2.1.3 was published few hours ago.
Changelog:
  • Fix: Improved permissions validation for Android (global settings) (prevents crash on some Android games)
  • Fix: Implemented a workaround for some games that broke a Ren'Py feature that URM needs (this fixes the "AttributeError: 'ADVCharacter' object has no attribute '_getframe'" error some games throw)

0bora

Registered
Lewd
Sep 19, 2023
LC COIN
Very very useful ! Mianly I remove the textboxes background and modify the fonts to be visible without backgrounds.
I wish somebody present a way how to bring up the quick functions as AUTO SKIP and so on
thank you

karalazair

Registered
Lewd
Mar 9, 2023
LC COIN
This is amazing! I had RenPy Save Editor as my primary tool to adjust variables. This looks even better! Thanks

Back
Top Bottom