Staff member
Prestige 1
Lewd
Jul 3, 2022
Website
www.FapTimeStudio.com
LC COIN
You must be registered to see attachments

This mod is a great tool to cheat or debug Ren'Py games. See full Features list below for details.

Some features in short:
Find, change, freeze and monitor variables, detect hidden choices, detect paths, rename any character, find/save/replay scenes, watch variables, skip splashscreen, textbox customizing

After developing Ren'Py mods for almost a year now, they thought is was time to create the mod of all mods.
So here is what we call URM (or Universal Ren'Py Mod). The goal of this mod is to enable anyone (even without any programming knowledge) to be able to quickly and easily mod any Ren'Py game.
Just drop the mod file into your favorite RenPy game's "game" directory and start modding!

Installation:
Extract the file "0x52_URM.rpa" into the "game" folder of almost any RenPy game, start the game, once you have started a new game or loaded a save you can open mod by pressing Alt+M

Please let the dev know what you think, they really appreciate any feedback so they know they aren't doing this for nothing.
Or maybe consider supporting them on or .

• Fix: Validate write access for global settings (prevent crash on some Android games)
    • Added positioning options for custom textboxes/dialogue
    • Search results are now sortable (by name)
    • Fix: Prevent Ren'Py translations from translating URM
    • Fix: Global settings on Android
    • Configurable watchpanel contents + compact mode
    • New watchpanel option to view last executed filename:line
    • Configurable width for custom textboxes/dialogue
    • Choices dialog is now able to bypass fixed choices ("fixed rollback")
    • Added some low contrast themes
    • Fix: Character renaming didn't always work in dialogue
    • Fix: Unable to determine variable type in specific cases
    • Fix: Notification was hidden after loading a save at a choice/path
    • Fix: Accessibility features broke URM icons

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16 users

Tiur

Look at you, Sinner
Sapphire
Prestige 1
Lewd
May 6, 2022
LC COIN
Looks interesting, will try it out.

Does this detect any use of the name in the text and change it, or does it just change the name that's shown when the character speaks?
Both.

Creepy Cat

Registered
Lewd
Jan 16, 2023
LC COIN
@WhiteVanDaycare
Can this be used to change character ages? I saw you mentioned that the name changes would be the variables and what's in text, could we do this for age as well?

Tiur

Look at you, Sinner
Sapphire
Prestige 1
Lewd
May 6, 2022
LC COIN
@WhiteVanDaycare
Can this be used to change character ages? I saw you mentioned that the name changes would be the variables and what's in text, could we do this for age as well?
Depends how the game was coded. If the ages are a variable, yes, you can change those. If they're just text, you could theoretically use the renaming system to do text-replacement, but it would require the writer to have used specific language for ages and have it be the same every time.

For that matter, even the name replacement is unreliable if the dev coded things weirdly. Basically, URM can do its best, but it can't account for every different weird way people might code RenPy games.

Reactions: 1 users

Creepy Cat

Registered
Lewd
Jan 16, 2023
LC COIN
Depends how the game was coded. If the ages are a variable, yes, you can change those. If they're just text, you could theoretically use the renaming system to do text-replacement, but it would require the writer to have used specific language for ages and have it be the same every time.

For that matter, even the name replacement is unreliable if the dev coded things weirdly. Basically, URM can do its best, but it can't account for every different weird way people might code RenPy games.

The first part related to variables I was kind of expecting that that would be the way it would work. I also kind of figured the text replacement method would have some problems like that. But above all else I am very surprised by the functionality you have provided and am beyond grateful for you providing this to our community

Reactions: 1 user

Tiur

Look at you, Sinner
Sapphire
Prestige 1
Lewd
May 6, 2022
LC COIN
The first part related to variables I was kind of expecting that that would be the way it would work. I also kind of figured the text replacement method would have some problems like that. But above all else I am very surprised by the functionality you have provided and am beyond grateful for you providing this to our community
Heh, I didn't provide it, 0x52 did. Excellent coder, and if you've got it available, I highly recommend tossing him a few bucks a month on his SubStar or Patreon linked in the OP. I can't play games without URM anymore, even if they've got their own mods. I just really like the transparency of being able to poke around all the variables without having to use a save editor.

Reactions: 1 users

WhiteVanDaycare

___ Joon Lee ___ of Fap Time Studio
Staff member
Prestige 1
Lewd
Jul 3, 2022
Website
www.FapTimeStudio.com
LC COIN
The new version handles the latest versions of RenPy and removed the bug that caused crashes when used with object variables.

Creepy Cat

Registered
Lewd
Jan 16, 2023
LC COIN
This mod deserves some more reviews. It's such a game changer and it deserves way more love

randomusernameXXX

Registered
Lewd
Sep 12, 2023
LC COIN
If you are having more then 1 game it can be quite a hustle to update them all.
A simple cmd batch script for auto update.

make new .cmd file where ever you want
put ur 0x52_URM.rpa in same place where cmd file is
write inside .cmd file

replace 0x52_URM.rpa "C:\PATH_TO_YOUR_FAP_GAMES\" /s /r /u

run.

If it wasnt obvious, replace C:\PATH_TO_YOUR_FAP_GAMES\ with your own path to your games. Do NOT remove the " " Quotes

Teal80

Registered
Lewd
Jul 8, 2022
LC COIN
One thing to note is that it does check for updates when running... so if you are not a fan of random internet activity then you may need to block the app. I wouln't mind so much but with the many recent updates I'm getting popups at the start of my games which gets annoying pretty fast. I usually do not need any new versions - the core functionality is superb.
I worry that this will become bloated in the future.

AceOfNiagara

Registered
Lewd
Apr 24, 2022
LC COIN
One thing to note is that it does check for updates when running... so if you are not a fan of random internet activity then you may need to block the app. I wouln't mind so much but with the many recent updates I'm getting popups at the start of my games which gets annoying pretty fast. I usually do not need any new versions - the core functionality is superb.
I worry that this will become bloated in the future.
There is an option within URM that disables the check for update.
You must be registered to see attachments

AsteriskMods

Registered
Lewd
Nov 23, 2022
LC COIN
I appreciate the continued development of this mod. Extracting the files for a game and going through them to find variables is easy enough, but a fucking pain.

Back
Top Bottom