• Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 340
D

Deleted member 39699

Unconfirmed
You must be registered to see attachments

Overview:
A batch file utility for simple automated LOSSY compressing of image, audio, and video files in Ren'Py & RPGM MV games without any updating of script/json files.

IMPORTANT: THIS TOOL OVERWRITES FILES IN THE GAME - IT DOES NOT MAKE BACKUPS OR SEND TO RECYCLE BIN

DO NOT run this on your only copy of the game if you don't want this.

Thanks to Sam for UnRen, from which I shamelessly stole the menu framework for this.

• Cruncher re-encodes the target files as more efficient lossy file-types without changing the file extensions.
  • Works on 64-bit versions of Windows 7, Windows 8.x, and Windows 10.
  • No updates needed to .rpy or .rpyc files.
  • File size reduction of 50-90%+.
  • Processes all selected files in the \game folder for Ren'Py games and \www folder for RPGM MV games, including all sub-folders.
  • Works with long filenames, spaces and special characters in filenames and folders.
  • Uses webp for images, LAME mp3 and Opus ogg for audio in Ren'Py/LAME mp3 and Vorbis ogg for RPGM MV, and vp9 in webm container for video.
For Ren'Py
1) Use UnRen to extract all files from the .rpa archives.
2) Download and extract the zip contents in the root folder of any Ren'Py game (same place as the game's main exe file).
3) Run RenCruncher-x64-v0.XXX.bat and select files to process.

For RPGM MV
1) If assets are encrypted: Use the appropriate tool to decrypt assets, move decrypted assets to correct folders, delete encrypted versions, and update the very end of the system.json file removing the encryption key and setting the two hasEncrypted values to "false"
2) Download and extract the zip contents in the root folder of the RPGM game (same place as the game's main exe file).
3) Run RPGMCruncher-x64-vXXX.bat and select files to process.

v0.4.1
Updated libwebp/cwebp to v1.0.3
Update ffmpeg to 4.1.4
Added nconvert code to RPGM Cruncher to webp transparency isn't broken
Enabled progress indicator switch on cwebp (shows % complete - handy on lossless encoding and on slower PC's)
Probably some other little shit I'm forgetting

v0.4 Beta
Updated to latest cwebp & ffmpeg - some nice performance increases especially with video encoding
Added nconvert to reencode existing webp files without breaking transparency
Tweaked encoding settings to further optimize size/quality balance
Added code to properly encode parallaxes in RPGM games (must use lossless or it breaks movement)

v0.3.1 Beta
Added RPGM MV version of batch file
Updated to webp v1.0.0
Expanded file types supported (avi, ogg, webp, etc)
Included python script in Ren'Py version to fix corrupted webp file headers before re-encoding
Reverts to original if new file is zero-bytes
Bunch of tweaks and shit I can't remember right now

v0.1 Beta
First beta edition, please tell me what sucks about this tool. :)
Download:
-

Reactions: 1 user
Back
Top Bottom