Staff Applications are OPEN! [ Developer, Moderator & Uploader ]

Kavinsky

Staff member
Owner
Administrator
Apr 23, 2022
LC COIN
You must be registered to see attachments

LewdCorner has grown a lot over the past year and is still steadily growing. We have been hand-picking staff members based on experiences and observations. We have reached a stage where we'd like to try open applications to gather interested parties. If you're interested in joining the team, please check the below open positions.

Open A Ticket to send an application to staff.

LewdCorner is nonprofit, and none of these positions are paid. Everyone who works on LC is a hobbyist.

Current Open Positions:

LC Developer: OPEN

As a developer, you'd be working with a small team who are responsible for maintaining and improving LewdCorner and related services. We have multiple services which require active development besides Xenforo, so whilst experience with Xenforo is a plus it's not required.

You'll have to meet the following requirements:
  • Active on both the LewdCorner forums and Discord
  • Proficiency with the English language
  • Availability (to a certain degree, nothing crazy)
  • Proficiency in PHP and/or Node/JS
  • Experience with Git is a plus
  • Experience with Xenforo is a plus

This is a hobby position and unpaid. We don't expect you to put tons of time in, just whenever you're free; be it some hours at the weekend or a some hours during the week.

If you'd like to apply for an Developer position, please complete the below questions and submit it as a new ticket with the title as: [Developer Application] Username. All information provided will not be shared outside the site staff, so feel free to be as open as you'd like.

What do you specialize in?

Links to previous work? (+ GitHub?)

Why do you want to join the development team?

What is your availability?

Full discord username (example#5555)?

Anything else you'd like to add?

Admin: OPEN

Site Admins are the ones who handle hard issues for support of staff and users on this site. Your primary role is to keep law and order of both staff and users, deal with reports, resolve disputes, and do general site management. You must be able to keep impartial in decisions, regardless of your personal feelings regarding the user, game, or developer.

• Availability (to a certain degree)
  • Good judgement and character and ability to keep a 'cool head'
  • Experience in administrating forums/communities
  • Must be able to work with a team
  • Must be able to give directions to a staff member, and follow directions made by the staff team

If you'd like to apply for an Admin position, please complete the below questions and submit it as a new ticket with the title as: [Admin Application] Username. All information provided will not be shared outside the site staff, so feel free to be as open as you'd like.

What previous Admin experience do you have?

Have you ever been in a leadership position before? This can include being a manager, supervisor of sorts, etc

Why would you like to be an Admin?

How is your availability?

Trial Moderator: OPEN

Site Moderators are the first line of support to users on this site. Your main role is to help staff keep law and order, deal with reports, resolve disputes, and general site management. You must be able to try and keep impartial in decisions, regardless of your personal feelings regarding the user, game, or developer.

• Good judgement and character and ability to keep a 'cool head'
  • Experience in moderating forums/communities
  • Must be able to follow directions or decisions made by a staff member or staff team

If you'd like to apply for a Moderator position, please complete the below questions and submit it as a new ticket with the title as: [Moderator Application] Username. All information provided will not be shared outside the site staff, so feel free to be as open as you'd like.

What previous moderation experience do you have?

Have you ever been in a leadership position before? This can include being a manager, supervisor of sorts, etc

Why would you like to be a moderator?

What is your availability?

Uploader: OPEN

Uploaders are the lifeblood of LewdCorner, as an uploader you'll be responsible for uploading games, updating threads, and filling game requests.

dFcV65C.gif

• A fast internet connection is a plus, but not required
  • Must be able to follow directions or decisions made by a staff member or staff team

If you'd like to apply for an Uploader position, please complete the below questions and submit it as a new ticket with the title as: [Uploader Application] Username. All information provided will not be shared outside the site staff, so feel free to be as open as you'd like.

Why would you like to be an uploader?

How is your availability?

What is your connection upstream speed?

Your presence on Discord is a strict & mandatory requirement for all LewdCorner team positions (Jr Uploader, Uploader, Moderator, etc). This is where we discuss and announce crucial matters relating to the forum. You can also find additional resources and guidelines on the designated channel for your chosen role. Please have your username here and custom server nick on discord the same, either can be changed as long as they're the same. Users not on Discord will be demoted.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

whisperpuppy

The Loli Werewolf Queen
Ruby
Registered
Lewd
Apr 4, 2023
LC COIN
I asked to be a mod and was turned away instantly. I tried to get to get to know one and was told to keep my comments relevant. No Thanks.

Keeto

Game Developer
Registered
Lewd
May 18, 2023
LC COIN
Hello, I'm the a game developer on itch.io and found one of my games here (noticed through referals), and I want to be the one who inform/upload about the game updates here, but I can't post threads on the games section, could you help me with this? (I don't use Discord by the way)

U

User_4246

Unconfirmed
Reactions: 1 user

MattShizzle

Sapphire
VIP
Registered
Lewd
Apr 25, 2023
LC COIN
Damn, I'm not on this site's discord yet. Experience I have is being a moderator on a Facebook group with almost 80,000 (at one time over that number) members since summer 2017. Maybe I'll join the discord in the next few and see then. Never in a supervisory position on a job but worked in a Community Corrections facility. I'd be available a good part of the day - disabled now so not working. Basically from early afternoon to night time EDT.

Kavinsky

Staff member
Owner
Administrator
Apr 23, 2022
LC COIN
I asked to be a mod and was turned away instantly. I tried to get to get to know one and was told to keep my comments relevant. No Thanks.
that was then this is now.

Last edited:

Photram

The Lukerdoodle
VIP
Registered
Lewd
Jun 13, 2023
LC COIN
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this. But is there a place where one can volunteer to assist with game review / editing.

I have noticed that English is not the first language for many of the game developers, and to add to the entire experience, and possibly value to Lewd Corner, is there a place where we can volunteer to assist the developer with correcting game dialog etc.

It would make some of us (Mostly me) feel good about contributing to the overall quality of the games found here.

Thanks for listening (Reading)

sirneversleep

Sapphire
Registered
Lewd
Feb 15, 2023
LC COIN
Yeah I never heard anything back on my application either cause I think I applied last time you were really sick but Im still down to help out

Back
Top Bottom