Should Abandoned Games have separate category??

Should Abandoned Games have a Separate Category??

• Total voters

SithNord

Registered
Lewd
LV

Dec 26, 2023
LC COIN
Sometimes you go looking for a specific niche game and find all sorts. However, why are abandoned games included with active games?

Reactions: 7 users

jojobro

Registered
Lewd
LV

Nov 2, 2023
LC COIN
yeah i mostly avoid them unless they look good but a separate section would be nice to clean up for active games

Reactions: 2 users

miikell

Registered
Lewd
LV

May 2, 2023
LC COIN
I think they should absolutely be their own category. There is nothing worse than getting invested in a game, only to find out it was abandoned long before I ever started playing it.

Reactions: 5 users

JulianK

Registered
Lewd
LV

Aug 31, 2023
LC COIN
Another solution would be the ability to block tags. That would also allow it to work for more than just Abandoned games.
I don't know how possible that would be with the current forum system though.

Silrog22

Fox Girl Breeder
Staff member
Trial Moderator
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 3
Prestige 4
Registered
Lewd
LV

Jul 2, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 4 (WIP)
As much as I hate seeing games being abandoned, it might be beneficial to have a separate spot for them. I'm not sure how a system would be implemented effectively.

TheVampirate

Pope of the Loli Church
Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
LV

Mar 25, 2024
LC COIN
There are a ton of good but abandoned games. Also what determines "Abandoned" tags can mean different things to different people, Fuck95's abandoned tags are often arbitrary with some devolopers getting away with murder and others don't get considered how the developer is working on the game and updating their patrons.

Atoma

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jun 26, 2022
LC COIN
If a game has no update for a year its abandoned end of story.

lilacbuild

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jan 22, 2023
LC COIN
Yes, abandoned games should 100% have their own section. That way it'll separate games that are ongoing, or finished from the ones that the developers abandoned for a number of reasons. And if a developer is going to leave their game for a period of time, but plan on coming back to it, they should put On Hold, or Paused to keep us updated.

Reactions: 3 users

pumpkinpatch

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jan 26, 2024
LC COIN
Sometimes you go looking for a specific niche game and find all sorts. However, why are abandoned games included with active games?
Absolutely agree; IMO: nothing like finding a game you really like, going to support the dev, and finding the game is abandoned 🙃

Reactions: 4 users

pumpkinpatch

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jan 26, 2024
LC COIN
I think they should absolutely be their own category. There is nothing worse than getting invested in a game, only to find out it was abandoned long before I ever started playing it.
Enjoy how similar your answer was to mine (hadn't read yours until after lol)....I think this must be a common theme then

Reactions: 1 users

Zeroshadow

Registered
Lewd
LV

Dec 15, 2023
LC COIN
yes but if at all possible a more robust search function where tags can be searched or excluded from results

dogg

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jun 21, 2022
LC COIN
not their own section just need the ability to exclude specific tags just like we can search for tags. that way it works for all tags not just abandoned. This is available in the forum software I believe it is just a matter of setting it up? if not the code to add it should be easily googleable a million other sites have exclude tags

Doobies

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jan 1, 2024
LC COIN
Absolutely. It sucks when you find a good one and it is abandoned or becomes abandoned.

Reactions: 5 users

Motoko

Registered
Lewd
LV

Feb 19, 2023
LC COIN
Once a game gets abandoned it should be moved into an Abandoned section. If an update arrives it should then change back to normal status.

Republican Bear

Your Loli's Are Mine
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
LV

Nov 25, 2022
LC COIN
Yes it helps know which games to avoid, but even then a lot of games do end up not being abandoned after a year though. :unsure:

iCheetos

Registered
Lewd
LV

Mar 4, 2023
LC COIN
I wanted them to be deleted (after some time on the site)...
but man, there are some abandoned ones that had great potential. So, if they were ever continued, then a category for abandoned ones would be interesting.

Galgano

Registered
Lewd
LV

Apr 29, 2023
LC COIN
Hoo, don't get me started on this. There's one thing I find annoying about how Fuck95 handles the Abandoned, On Hold, and Hiatus tags. Lewd Corner may or may not do the same thing, based on if they just copied the handling methods over. Let me know if there are any differences to how these tags are handled on here.

So, on Fuck95, games are marked as abandoned if they meet certain criteria. The game doesn't necessarily need to be abandoned to get the tag. Instead, if the developer has not made a post regarding game progress anywhere for more than 3 months (it used to be 6 during the pandemic because everything operated much slower during that time period), it would be given the abandoned tag. Game progress didn't mean an update had to be released every 3 months, but a post on any platform that talked about forward progress on that game had to be made. Keep that logic in mind folks, because it's very important. And, for the most part, On Hold and Hiatus should have an understandable logic to when the tags would get placed on a game.

Now, one of my favorite devs is the Artist Formerly Known As Akabur. All his games are pretty fun and the gameplay loop isn't bad. It can drag on some times, but for the most part, you're always moving along to the next sexy scene in a timely manner. I love his content as much as the next guy. But how Fuck95 is handling Star Channel 34 is...frustrating. The game is on hold at the moment. Akabur has publicly stated that the game is going to be put on hold while he works on a different game. Understandable. If you're working on one game for too long your creative processes might suffer a bit so wanting to work on something else isn't out of the norm. He has multiple completed games under his belt; he's a developer with a proven track record, so the chance of him abandoning the game is relatively low.

Right now, Akabur is working on Queen Trainer. He makes a weekly post on his Patreon every Monday. In it, he talks about various things happening in his life as well as how much progress he has made on Queen Trainer. Very rarely, he might mention Star Channel 34, but it is only in passing and not in any official capacity with regards to how much progress is being made on the development of the game.

I brought up the idea of giving Star Channel 34 the On Hold tag, since, you know, it's on hold. I can't remember the exact progression of the dialogue, but I was basically told they wouldn't be adding the Complete tag since the game was not complete, or the On Hold tag, the Hiatus tag, or the Abandoned tag even though by their own definition, the game would qualify for it since no update post has been made in...3 years now. I'm not advocating for the game to be marked as abandoned because I fully believe the developer will come back to it after finishing work on this other game, but if Fuck95 is going to stoop so low as to mark a game as abandoned even if the developer has officially stated it's not abandoned just because that same developer hasn't put out a game update in a long time, they could at least mark a game that has been publicly announced as on hold with the On Hold tag.

Anyway, long story short, I really hope Lewd Corner will follow the rules they lay out for themselves. Even if their tagging rules are different from Fuck95 and this rant is a moot point. I don't have a problem with a game being marked as abandoned even if the developer hasn't officially abandoned it. I have a problem if a forum lays out some rules, then doesn't follow them when the discrepancy is brought to their attention.

Back
Top Bottom