Sandbox

PerfectAwful

Registered
Lewd
Jan 25, 2023
LC COIN
I like them as long as the progression isn't hidden behind an overly specific or complex set of actions. Progression needs to be clearly established, and not too grindy.

Reactions: 1 user

RealKevin

Your Loli's Are Mine
VIP
Registered
Lewd
Nov 25, 2022
LC COIN
Sandbox games are usually a hit or miss for me. It doesn't help when other survival mechanics like food, energy, and so on get
added. Having said that I played a few which ended up being very enjoyable. Guess it all depends on the game mechanics.

Last edited:

IchibiKano

(something cool to put here)
VIP
Registered
Lewd
Mar 30, 2024
LC COIN
The best ones are among the best games I know of, but the average and below are basically not worth picking up. There seems to be no real in between.

ImYourPassenger

Registered
Lewd
May 16, 2022
LC COIN
I usually avoid sandbox games personally. I prefer to just read and make choices to get the scenes I want.

JadedSkywalker

VIP
Registered
Lewd
Jun 7, 2023
LC COIN
Hate them except in some rare cases. I hate needing a walkthrough or cheat mod. I dropped Being a DIk because i dislike sandbox, even if it has great renders.

renevatia

Registered
Lewd
Oct 20, 2023
LC COIN
If there is a good amount of content and it's streamlined in a way that makes it easy to keep track of what you can do then yes.
If it bogs down to spam clicking around all the time with large amounts of grind (stats and whatnot) then I skip them.
IE it has a fuckton of locations with no explanations / info/hintlog then it's a badly designed one and I tend to skip them.

Coomer

Registered
Lewd
Mar 18, 2023
LC COIN
One of the worst feeling I have is finding a game with nice renders and interesting writing but after a small prologue they throw me in a map, then I have to click on the hallway, then the living room... instant drop. The only way for me to play a Sandbox game if for games That I started years ago like Summertime Saga for example

aileg

Registered
Lewd
Jun 15, 2022
LC COIN
Sandbox games are usually a hit or miss for me. It doesn't help when other survival mechanics like food, energy, and so on get
added. Having said that I played a few which ended up being very enjoyable. Guess it all depends on the game mechanics.
Survival mechanics really do make a game go from fun to stressful/repetitive for me. Just about the only game I've found that includes them and didn't ruin it for me was Mist ([Complete] - [VN] - [Ren'Py] - [Other] - Mist [v1.0.3] [395games]). TBF though, even there I pick the easy setting where you don't have to worry about food most of the time.

zozo88

Registered
Lewd
Jul 13, 2022
LC COIN
Mostly a VN fan myself. Sandboxes for me have the same core problem regardless of it being lewd games or normal, It is the sense emptiness and lack of narrative focus (narrative being my favorite kink of lewd games). When i comes to lewd sandbox games there is often a greater sense of emptiness due to it essentially being in early early access. Which is often attemped to be covered up by excessive grinding. I'm, and i'm assuming a lot of other people not here to grind or to overly think

Tizuki

Registered
Lewd
May 26, 2023
LC COIN
when the sandbox is done right i love them, they are my favorite type of game. I like that there is interaction with the game other than just a dialogue choice, and i like choosing which girls to go after first. However sandbox got a bad rep to it now because there are so many bad sandbox games out that implement the worst aspects of the games in order to fill out 'playtime' of the game. They think that by putting in pointless over the top grind to make you sit there for 3 hours to progress 1 scene will make people overlook the fact that they have very little content in the actual game.

fixrapid

Registered
Lewd
Sep 2, 2023
LC COIN
most sandbox games suck,. repeating the same scenes multiple times to only get minor changes isn't fun.
I'm not sure if their creators even played it...

mcduff2006

Registered
Lewd
Jun 4, 2022
LC COIN
Sandbox games are fun, but they can quickly become frustrating for me if clear objectives and mechanics arn't laid out. Just add a few railroads to gently nudge me and i'm happy.

blue_sparrow

Registered
Lewd
Oct 13, 2023
LC COIN
Sandboxes can be really hard for the funding model most of the games use. 0.1 feels like a completely empty world with like 1 or 2 things to do and no direction. And since it's pretty boring the dev gets no funding so peters out by 0.2.3 and we get another abandoned game.

gnumez

Registered
Lewd
Nov 23, 2023
LC COIN
For mid-tier games I definitely prefer simple sandbox. I'm pretty tired of spending hours after hours reading meaningless dialogues (usually quite similar to other games), and having some element of control and goals to achieve makes a lot of games way more enjoyable.

The best games, however, are products of the renders and writing. Good games are good, regardless of sandbox-elements.

Bad games? Keep the sandbox out of my face. Sandbox games without any direction and horrible UI are the worst in my oppinion.

drizzy

Registered
Lewd
Jun 11, 2022
LC COIN
Summertime Saga, Town of passion and Corruption are decently done as sandboxes go.

Glassix, Loser (the grind omfg) and Horton Bay stories are prime examples of really bad UI, design and mechanics.
Horton Bay especially for its horrible way of unlocking new areas. Loser for missing scenes during your grind where you tend to ignore certain actions in your haste to farm topics.

We also have Straitened Times where I like alot of the gameplay elements but abhor the absulute lack of good tracking mechanism for new scenes.

My personal pet peeve is Renpy games that use choices to navigate the map in sandboxes.

Donation drives

Latest Updates page

everything that get donated will go to parceload who is developing the new latest updates page.
Goal
$1,500.00
Earned
$550.00
This donation drive ends in
Donation Drive
Click one of these buttons to initiate donation.
Back
Top Bottom