Game Developer
Registered
Lewd
LV

Jan 4, 2023
Website
lord-voldy-2022.itch.io
LC COIN
I have plentiful of learning material that's aimed at Ren'py and Koikatsu. For the purpose of creating games. There are also assets that I have. Not everything is here on LC, I have my original page for this over at Itchio. Some of these tutorials will have NSFW content. I may
update this at a later point if I have the time for it.

All of my projects and games have, and will remain FOSS under the pen name of Lord Voldy and Rebel 357

• Learning Dating Sim Games
  • Learning Survival games
  • Learning 1o1IG (1 on 1 interaction games)
  • Learning UI Fonts 1
List of Learning subjects:
  • Creating an image gallery (beginner)
  • Creating a replay gallery (beginner)
  • Learning image Gallery 2 (beginner)
  • Learning Galleries, image and replay gallery combo (beginner)
  • Learn how to implement Cheats via cheat phrase system (beginner)
  • Learn how to implement Cheats via cheat phrase system part 2 (beginner)
  • Learning Hubs 1 (beginner)
  • Learning Hubs 2
  • Learning Implementing Item Shops 1 (beginner)
  • Learning Implementing Item Shops 2
  • Learning Implementing Item Shops 3
  • Learning Day cycles/phases 1 (beginner)
  • Learning Day cycles/phases 2
  • Learning Music Player 1
  • Learning Music Player 2
  • Learning Preference Options 1
  • Learning Preference Options 2
  • Learning: Simple Game 1
PDF topics:
  • Game development getting started references
  • Getting Koikatsu and Chara Studio
  • Koikatsu animations and video export pt1
  • Koikatsu screenshot settings and scene pt 1

Examples:​
  • Using KK/CS for images​
  • Using KK/CS for animations​
  • Finding the modded KK/CS software for use​
  • References for video game development.​
  • Introduction of Free and open-sourced software for video game development​

Downloads:

KKS/Chara Studio Assets:

Ren'py: - - - -

Screenshots:
You must be registered to see attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

ILikeGamesToo

Registered
LV

May 4, 2022
LC COIN
Thinking of starting to make my own VN, but dont know where to start and what to use. I have some key things I would like to have in a VN if I ever get the time to make one, thats the graphics and presentation, make it look as real as possible, have lots of animation and great storyline. But yea, time is the bigges issue.

Ciferat

Registered
Lewd
LV

Nov 20, 2023
LC COIN
It's a very useful thing. Thank you! It turns out that now I will be able to create games. :oops:
Will you make an HS2 manual?

LordVoldy

Game Developer
Game Developer
Registered
Lewd
LV

Jan 4, 2023
Website
lord-voldy-2022.itch.io
LC COIN
It's a very useful thing. Thank you! It turns out that now I will be able to create games. :oops:
Will you make an HS2 manual?
It is unlikely that I will touch HS2. If I decide to use something else for renders, it might be Honeycome. The last time I used it it still lacked mods and plugins, that may have changed over the months to make a worthy choice to use. I'm also busy finishing my other project.

When that's done, I have other game engines to learn from. I can't limit myself to just Renpy. I'm still learning Godot, I'm also looking into , and RPG Paper Maker.

Thinking of starting to make my own VN, but dont know where to start and what to use. I have some key things I would like to have in a VN if I ever get the time to make one, thats the graphics and presentation, make it look as real as possible, have lots of animation and great storyline. But yea, time is the bigges issue.
As I tell people, take it one step at a time. You can easily get overwhelmed. The mistake I've seen with some is that new game devs try to create their games while still figuring out how to use a game engine, Koikatsu, CharaStudio and perhaps other software. So they get burned out and overwhelmed very easily.

Once you get the hang of using Koikatsu and it's component Chara Studio, you'll get the hang of making your renders and animations. As for game engines, that depends. The discord for Koikatsu/CharaStudio helped out a lot. There's also good Ren'py tutorials on YouTube. Zeil Learnings is one good example of doing content for Ren'py. Making a few very short games with experimentation can help you out in learning the game engine. I applied that to Ren'py and made variations in my games, which is why I was able to make an Open World game with "Zephyr's Island".

As for updating my tutorials, it will have to wait. I'm finishing up "The Introvert Witch" at the moment.

HoneyCome (Better Repack Version):
You must be registered to see attachments

Reactions: 1 user

rcrave

Registered
Lewd
LV

May 6, 2023
LC COIN
is there a program to decompile renpy games so that you could work on it? (say someone abandoned a game and you got permission to continue it, or do it just for yourself)

Back
Top Bottom