• Third Person

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters

Galgano

Registered
Lewd
Apr 29, 2023
LC COIN
This is something I'm curious about: when you read the text in a visual novel type of game, do you prefer the text to be in first person, second person, or third person point of view? If you like more than one, just choose whichever one you like more and post about why you like the other(s) in the replies below. If you like them equally as much, just choose any of the points of view you like most and write a reply saying which points of view you like the most.

Reactions: 1 users

Sleepy Joe

Registered
Lewd
Nov 22, 2023
LC COIN
This is something I'm curious about: when you read the text in a visual novel type of game, do you prefer the text to be in first person, second person, or third person point of view? If you like more than one, just choose whichever one you like more and post about why you like the other(s) in the replies below. If you like them equally as much, just choose any of the points of view you like most and write a reply saying which points of view you like the most.
what is second person point of view?

perzon014

Registered
Lewd
Feb 15, 2023
LC COIN
Point of view doesn't matter that much. I like them all, just needs to have a good story.

Reactions: 1 user

Galgano

Registered
Lewd
Apr 29, 2023
LC COIN
You know, I didn't consider that. I was mostly thinking about how the text would be written (I, me vs. You vs. He, She, or MC_Name). But thinking about it in that sense, it would make sense that the main character wouldn't be seen in a first person point of view game unless they were looking in a mirror. That being said, I still prefer third person over first person. I don't think it has anything to do with being a voyeur. It's just how I imagine scenes in my head when reading a book.

Gazon731

Registered
Lewd
Aug 8, 2022
LC COIN
Difficult question. Demon Boy had first person POV and this was my favourite until abandon... But sometimes you also want to see emotions of MC. Benefit of 1st POV - u can save VRAM of MC model to fit scene on your GPU.

e6mill

Prestige 1
Registered
Lewd
May 14, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 1
All my best stories were told to me in second person - and start with "dude, you were so drunk..." ;)

• Haha

Sleepy Joe

Registered
Lewd
Nov 22, 2023
LC COIN
That would be stuff where the text says You perform the action as opposed to I perform the action or He performs the action. Stuff like that
Okay. I thought it's a third person POV. Anyway, I prefer first person, because it is way more immersive

Galgano

Registered
Lewd
Apr 29, 2023
LC COIN
Thinking about it, second person is kind of a mix between first and third (hence why it's in the middle). You would be viewing things from first person, so you wouldn't see yourself per se. But at the same time, it's kind of third-persony in that you are being told what you're doing and thinking. I guess you only really see second person in novels where there aren't any images because second person describes the scene to you and tells you what you are thinking about. Second person is like the red-headed step child of the trio.

kurgan

Registered
Lewd
Nov 28, 2023
LC COIN
Hmm 2nd person is used often in gamebooks, but I never seen it used in a VN. For me 1st person is that works better.

Galgano

Registered
Lewd
Apr 29, 2023
LC COIN
I could be wrong, since it's been awhile since I've played it, but I think Trials in Tainted Space has second person. At least, for some of the events I think. I could be wrong though.

yibifi2784

Registered
Lewd
Sep 3, 2022
LC COIN
For a novel or any other kind of text I definitely prefer 3rd person, but for a VN 2nd person actually has some merit.

Earlybird

Prestige 1
Registered
Lewd
Jan 3, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 1
I know this thread is about Story telling. But I thought this was gonna be a debate on Sex POVs.

As to the original question: I have never thought about it, nor do I care what POV as long as the writing is good.

Galgano

Registered
Lewd
Apr 29, 2023
LC COIN
I know this thread is about Story telling. But I thought this was gonna be a debate on Sex POVs.

As to the original question: I have never thought about it, nor do I care what POV as long as the writing is good.
Feel free to talk about sex POVs. Yes, I initially intended this to be about story telling, but that's because I wasn't thinking about sex with regards to point of view. Plus, the more you talk in this thread, the more of a forum it becomes (in the "a place to discuss things" sense).

Back
Top Bottom