Pet Peeves in Games

MadMansKingdom

Registered
May 29, 2022
Pet peeves, huh? I do have a few. One that will make me shut my game off and uninstall it right away is violence against women. I'm not talking like S&M or BDSM (even though I'm not a fan of those.) I'm talking about physical, sexual, or even emotion cruelty.

Another one is if the MC is a douchbag. I can't stand it if an MC does a nice thing not because it was the right thing to do, but because it will help him get laid and no other reason and he lets you know he could care less other than getting his dick wet.

A big pet peeve I have is something I know that AVN devs are fighting with on a regular basis. It's the whole "landlady/roommate" bullshit that they are forced to do because of whiney people that seem to not figure out that these stories are fiction and don't even involve real, flesh and blood people. So bigger companies are forcing them to change their stories in order for devs to distribute their work or even collect followers to help offset the cost of creating these VNs. Now I know that some of the work arounds include patches or entering in your relationship status with other characters. But there are some that create a very interesting VN that is clearly ment to be one way and they decided to do either the landlady/roommate this or the friend of the family/childhood friend route and will not do anything to get around these changes, if anything they fight to make sure they can't be changed. That kind of bothers me, but it is their VN and they can do with it as they see fit, I just won't read them.

I have a few others but they have already been mentioned a few time one here already so I'm not going to go over them again. I have my preferences and kinks that I like and dislike. Most I can just push through but if there is a kink that I don't like in a game, I just move one. That's why I prefer tags on games that let me know if there are thing I will like or dislike in a game. That's my little rant. Not really sure what good all this will do but it was fun playing. Have a good day!

Reactions: 1 user

sotona

Registered
Sep 6, 2022
A peeve of mine is selfish MC. And by that I mean why is the MC able to sleep around with other people but and most of time don't even ask other women if its ok or tell them they aren't able to as well. I get that there can be relationships like that but just have them do it off screen since people get into a fit if another girl/guy has sex with someone else besides them.

Another one is scene angles. Devs should really add different angels to sex scenes even if they have no animation. There are times during scenes where I would want to see a top or side view but it stays the same.

Lucifel

Registered
Jan 3, 2023
Lets see... well first of all it's been mentioned but I want to be even more specific, games that have lots of LI which makes you choose in the end. Crucially however they also make you feel like shit for leading on or ruining the lives of everyone else you cared about. I'm looking directly at you Long Live the Princess. Mother fucker, give me the harem ending or we all stay fuck buddies or something. Don't try and emotionally ruin me for entirely arbitrary reasons.

Another one for me is bad translation or grammar. I understand not everyone is a native speaker and even lots of those can't write for shit but nothing kills my interest faster than having to do mental gymnastics to figure out what the fuck is being said. Bonus points if it's also a bad GUI so I'm struggling to even figure out how to play the game.

I personally also really hate anything that attempts to be a game but really just pads time between sex scenes. There's so many grindy bullshit games that don't remotely approach fun and certainly don't justify all of my time being wasted with the quality of the writing or adult scenes. Random unrelated mini games are also particularly tedious like in Being a DIK or Milf City. They're never fun and they almost always lock content behind them despite giving you skip the mini game options. You're not really letting me skip them in reality then are you?

I'm sure there's more but that's what comes to mind for me right now. In a more meta sense I'd say I find it really tedious how much people hate NTR but while condemning it will be furiously masturbating to far more egregious shit. Also how many games just get abandoned because at least some of them where really good and it's sad to see it just left forever unfinished.

dickness all around

Registered
Apr 13, 2023
patreon and how pussy people who control banks think that if they censor incest with words like "step mother" and play around words like Loli and Shota then the world would be a better place.

"omg you're my step son I can't fuck you!" - we are all fucking adults, we know very well that this content was suppose to be real incest, why are we playing around words? it's like a white lady on CNN saying "someone said the N word". bitch! you just said the word Nigger just by using "N word". you put the word in our heads and got away with it. grown ups playing make believe is one of the dumbest things ever in this world... if these things are so bad then fucking remove them fully from the human world. no one is allowed to say nigger or "N word" ever again. remove loli content from anime/manga, just everything. you will never find real pedo content online, the government can do that for the sake of our souls and our children, why don't they do the same with the words that actually seem to bother them but no one else?

Donation drives

Latest Updates page

everything that get donated will go to parceload who is developing the new latest updates page.
Goal
$1,500.00
Earned
$300.00
This donation drive ends in
Donation Drive
Click one of these buttons to initiate donation.
Back
Top Bottom