Hoops, and Jumping Through Them (A how-to, and a safe space to share)

itaintme23

Registered
Lewd
Apr 27, 2023
LC COIN
In this discussion I would explore the artform, and the burden, that is jumping through hoops.

When I was a young boy, my mother promised me that if I behaved well on vacation we would get a pet cat. I was a very precocious scamp and had been getting on her nerves all summer since school had let out. I would track dirt across her freshly cleaned floors and I would steal snacks that were meant to be had later. My mother worked hard and wanted one week of respite from the toils of child rearing on the salty shores of a quiet beach town. The effort was immense, and I earned myself one brief time-out that I was certain would ruin any chance of sweet reward. I befriended another adventurous boy around my age lodging not far away, and he helped me sate my endless hunger for trouble in more constructive ways like burying each other in the sand and chasing seagulls we had baited with bits of crust from leftover lunch sandwiches. I am proud to share that I overcame this adversity and persevered through to the other side to reap the fruits of my labor.

images

Sometimes jumping through hoops is just the push we need to better ourselves. Sometimes it is an arbitrary misdirection with no tangible reward to be had - sometimes you are promised a promotion at work and never given that title and raise they had dangled in front of you for the past quarter despite the increase in workload assigned to you. There are triumphs and there are obstacles; this is the dual nature of the hoop and the art of jumping through them.

If any of this resonates with you, I encourage you to share your story! Tell us of hoops you've overcome, and of the hoops which constrained you. Hoops of the past, hoops of today, and hoops that loom on the horizon.

Thank you

Reactions: 1 users

silkbra

Registered
Lewd
Jan 30, 2023
LC COIN
I enjoy setting them on the ground, jumping in, then crawling underneath.

Reactions: 1 user

Donation drives

Latest Updates page

everything that get donated will go to parceload who is developing the new latest updates page.
Goal
$1,500.00
Earned
$550.00
This donation drive ends in
Donation Drive
Click one of these buttons to initiate donation.
Back
Top Bottom