AlfaBit

Harem Highlander
Prestige 1
Registered
Lewd
May 5, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 1
Man there's already enough in the remaking, don't give them ideas.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

AlfaBit

Harem Highlander
Prestige 1
Registered
Lewd
May 5, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 1
No game is worth remaking instead of remaking either finish it or just outright abandon it and start a new one.

Reactions: 1 user

Enot1964

Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
Jan 5, 2024
LC COIN
First it would be nice to finish some projects that have been dragging on for 6-7 years. As an example - Ring of Lust, the graphics are very low level (except for those renders that were created in the last couple of years), but here the developer has a problem - he doesn't know how to move the story forward. Writer's Block. The game is a candidate to move to the category of abandoned. Does it make sense to rework such projects? My answer is no, at least finish the game first.
Completed projects - again, what sense does it make for a developer to return to a long passed stage? Especially if we are talking about long-standing flash games with completely naĆÆve graphics for today's times.
On the other hand, there are other examples. Fallout 2, Heroes of Might and Magic III, Diablo, Diablo 2. The graphics are completely primitive for today's times, but the games retain their appeal. So it's not about graphics, it's about the initial quality of the product.
As for examples of developers starting from scratch to rework their game - 90% of the time that project is doomed to die.

MichealIsKing!

Head Drood
Registered
Lewd
Oct 21, 2023
LC COIN
There are plenty of games I would love to see get full high quality animations or rpgm moved to renpy (not just a quick convert I mean fully integrated). Summertime Saga is great but I would love to see full 1080p and higher quality animations, but more than that I would want a finished game. Incest story 1&2 I would love to see a remaster for.

BeowulfKnight

------Flat is Justice!-----
Staff member
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 3
Prestige 4
Registered
Lewd
Jan 26, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 4 (WIP)
Prestige 3 (Work in progress)
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
Too many games get bogged down with remake-itis, it always ends up killing the game in the end.

Reactions: 1 users

bomb john

Registered
Lewd
Nov 14, 2023
LC COIN
I think it would be better to do little updates for older parts of games if they really need it.

Loliholic

Thirsty Lesbian
Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
Nov 12, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Only completed games and only if the artist/coder learned enough to really improve their old work without messing the up the game.

jbk304

Registered
Lewd
Dec 27, 2022
LC COIN
For the life of me I can't think of the game title. But you are at the end of high school. And there is a company that if you're lucky to have the right genes can give you superpowers. So you get injected and can slowly grind into a lot of fun. I think the title had "Glass" something or other. Anyways if that was remastered to be a bit less grinding that would be a fun play.

eezergoode

Registered
Lewd
Aug 15, 2023
LC COIN
I don't really want to see a remake or remaster of a more modern game, especially one still in progress. What I want to see is some remakes/remasters of some of the classic Japanese VNs, like 3 Sister's Story, True Love, Divi-Dead (With a properly updated translation so it actually makes some sense), Season of the Sakura, Tokimeki Check-In, etc.

Back
Top Bottom