[Complete] [VN] [Ren'Py] [Koikatsu] Game Development with Kevin and Ben [1.09] [Lord Voldy]

LordVoldy

Game Developer
Game Developer
Registered
Jan 4, 2023
Allow others to update?
  1. yes
Developer Name
Lord Voldy
Developer Links
Version
1.09 (complete)
Latest Update
Dec 15, 2023
Release Date
Apr 24, 2022
Language
English
OS
  1. Windows
  2. Linux
  3. Android
Other Games
You must be registered to see attachments

Overview:
"Game Development with Kevin & Ben" is a tale of two aspiring game developers who want to make a positive impact in the video game industry.

The game's full project folder is provided. This game is Free and Open-Source​

Modern times, Interactive VN
For Linux run the .sh file
  • UI update
  • Added and removed assets for UI
  • Added 3 new tracks
  • Built with newer renpy version 8.1.3
• Fixed error on Cheat input for “Hints”
• Adjusted and changed dialogue for Scene 21
• Spaced out some dialogue in other scenes
• Added entry for Glossary
•Added option to change fonts for dialogue
• updated some tutorial lines
• Converted most .png files to compressed lossless webp files (Linux
version)
• Fixed some spelling errors
• Changed some dialogue on various scenes
• added new hint (#9)
• Lowered some stats requirements for a few scenes
• Added option to enable/disable Ero mode from preference menu
• Changed “Fool Around” menu to only show unlocked sexual acts
• Added 2 more skip options for starting a game•
Added option for “No jumping to next time cycle” for some actions
A game guide is included in the folder of the Linux builds along with some extras.

Cheats: "libre" "artistic freedom" "healing frequencies" "FOSS" "432hz" "no filter" "i2p" "git gud gear" "micro transactions" "eroge" "flatty" "gnu" "head pats" "waifu" "harem" "hentai" "pettanko" "PNG" "magnavox odyssey"

The game project folder is a genuine copy of all of the games files that is used with Ren'py.

To play the game from the game project folder, grab the Renpy SDK for your OS.
Public Domain (CC0)
This game is a FOSS project. You are free to copy/share/modify etc.

Download
Linux:
Android: - -
-
Windows:

Compressed (unofficial):
PC/Linux: dead file host
Mac: dead file host
Android: dead file host

Extras:
Game Project Folder:
Assets
: -

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments. Attachments are hidden.
Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Thumbs Down
Reactions: 6 users

HSTphan

Registered
May 24, 2022
The inability to play this game on Windows should probably be explicitly stated.

Reactions: 7 users

Aleshebi

Registered
Jun 15, 2022
The mediafire for Android doesn't work, according to it it's because of copyright

hawaii

Registered
Jun 11, 2022
Hello Sir !
Why do you use the platform linux, nobody uses it and hardly anyone knows it. that's why I ask you to switch to windows and you'll see: you'll get a lot of likes

• Face Palm

perheiro

Registered
Jul 4, 2022
Well hopefully the 12 people that play this will give it a like. The other million or so will just have to drink their coffee playing something else.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

ZerueL

Registered
Nov 17, 2022
Well that's new. A game that specifically only has Linux and no windows version. Emulator it is then

BgileMunro

Sapphire
Registered
Sep 22, 2022
Well that's new. A game that specifically only has Linux and no windows version. Emulator it is then
A real shame, because their games look kind of interesting and since I, like most everyone else, use a windows PC I won't ever get to watch them.

JustSomeAccount

Registered
Dec 2, 2022
Not playable in Windows? Only Linux download?

The inability to play this game on Windows should probably be explicitly stated.

Hello Sir !
Why do you use the platform linux, nobody uses it and hardly anyone knows it. that's why I ask you to switch to windows and you'll see: you'll get a lot of likes

Well hopefully the 12 people that play this will give it a like. The other million or so will just have to drink their coffee playing something else.

A real shame, because their games look kind of interesting and since I, like most everyone else, use a windows PC I won't ever get to watch them.
Future reference, downloading the official renpy launcher lets you play renpy games regardless of what platform its made for.

On a side note, this games is like 3.5gb so i compressed it and built it for the following platforms.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart

BgileMunro

Sapphire
Registered
Sep 22, 2022
Future reference, downloading the official renpy launcher lets you play renpy games regardless of what platform its made for.

On a side note, this games is like 3.5gb so i compressed it and built it for the following platforms.
OK thank you! I'm going to google the launcher and see if I can run it. Seems pretty straight forward, but so far only these four games I've found that I can't just use windows to launch.

Last edited by a moderator:

JustSomeAccount

Registered
Dec 2, 2022
OK thank you! I'm going to google the launcher and see if I can run it. Seems pretty straight forward, but so far only these four games I've found that I can't just use windows to launch.
yeah i have a mac so most of the games i want to play don't have a native app. after figuring out how to do it i started just trying to help people out and recompiling them for everyone myself. Then i started learning how to compress them and all sort of other stuff

LordVoldy

Game Developer
Game Developer
Registered
Jan 4, 2023
yeah i have a mac so most of the games i want to play don't have a native app. after figuring out how to do it i started just trying to help people out and recompiling them for everyone myself. Then i started learning how to compress them and all sort of other stuff
I have updated some of the game pages with your links. There is some misunderstanding about FOSS here too. I do not prohibit other builds. People are free to share them here, just don't expect me to support them.

Reactions: 1 user

JoeTheMc84

Well-known Recruit
Apr 24, 2022
Is this game a one dick game where only the MC gets the girls, or do the two guys share the girls or what?

JustSomeAccount

Registered
Dec 2, 2022
I have updated some of the game pages with your links. There is some misunderstanding about FOSS here too. I do not prohibit other builds. People are free to share them here, just don't expect me to support them.
I've considered learning how to make my own game for a while now but out of curiosity what do you use to even pose the characters/maps etc and render them?

LordVoldy

Game Developer
Game Developer
Registered
Jan 4, 2023
I've considered learning how to make my own game for a while now but out of curiosity what do you use to even pose the characters/maps etc and render them?
I use Koikatsu Sunshine. There is a main Discord server for the modding side of Koikatsu games. You're best bet is to use the Better Repack versions of Koikatsu Sunshine. They have all the needed mods to start making your own Koikatsu scenes and assets for making a game. Chara Studio is a component of KKS where you will build your scenes and stuff. For your characters to be made you use the character creation in the main KKS game. There is a learning curve for KKS/Chara Studio, you can find some tutorials on youtube for it.
There is also a plethora of free tools to use for your games. I've used Krita/Gimp/Audacity/LMMS/Inkscape/ as well.
If you are going to use Ren'py then the Lemma Soft Forums are very good and supportive when it comes to using Renpy. You can learn how a renpy game works by using the open-sourced code from my games.
You don't need to limit yourself to using Ren'py as a game engine. I have my eyes on Godot as well since RPG Maker falls short for what I want out of it.
Give making a game a try, you might like it and it might pave the way for something better for you. It can be overwhelming at glance but if you take it on bit by bit you'll end up overcoming the process of creating a game. There's also good references and sources that help out when it comes to creating games. Some of them are posted on the Lemma Soft Forums.
I'm going to try to get around for a simple refrence guide for anyone else interested in creating video games. I don't feel like working on my game today so maybe I can crank out a guide here soon.

Last edited:

LordVoldy

Game Developer
Game Developer
Registered
Jan 4, 2023
Is this game a one dick game where only the MC gets the girls, or do the two guys share the girls or what?
There's no sharing or NTR. The other character Ben is just the main characters best friend.

• Heart

Donation drives

Latest Updates page

everything that get donated will go to parceload who is developing the new latest updates page.
Goal
$1,500.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Donation Drive
Click one of these buttons to initiate donation.
Top Bottom