Favorite quote from pop culture

virtualfiend09

Registered
Lewd
May 23, 2024
LC COIN
Curious what quote really made an impact on you and from what for of media it came from. A quote that I really liked was from Bojack Horseman when the character Wanda says "You know, it's funny. When you look at someone through rose-colored glasses, all the red flags just look like flags."

zagreus

Registered
Lewd
Jun 3, 2023
LC COIN
"Chaos is a ladder" from game of thrones. I see it came to live in my work life and in politics around the world. Kinda scary

Keanuxxx

Registered
Apr 29, 2023
LC COIN
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist - The Usual Suspects

malvius

Registered
Lewd
May 23, 2023
LC COIN
"Thats step one. What about two through ten?" - Hellsing Abridged
i know its a comedic line played for laughs, but given the context it was said in, you could take it as a "you completed a hard task you can do it and go all the way" type vibe when taken out of context of the show

Jogur

Registered
Lewd
Dec 19, 2023
LC COIN
I have several depending on the medium

Comic: "With great power comes great responsibility" Ben from Spiderman (as a good geek you can't miss this one)
Book: “There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.” The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss (great book, let's see if he releases the last of the triology)
TV: "Demons run when a good man goes to war" Doctor Who (great series and great phrase, the thing is longer, but this part is the one that impacted me)
Anime (there are two of the same): You want my treasure? You can have it! I left everything I gathered together in one place, now you just have to find it! Gol D Roger (I was little and started watching One Piece, what better way to get hooked than to see the pirate king saying this)
Destiny. Fate. Dreams. These unstoppable ideals are held deep in the hearts of men. As long as they are people who seek freedom in this life, these things shall not vanish from the earth. Gol D Roger

Film: 'A Dishonest Man You Can Always Trust To Be Dishonest. Honestly. It's The Honest Ones You Have To Watch Out For.' Jack Sparrow (this pirate has dozens of great phrases and scenes, but this one stuck out to me quite strongly because of the great truth in it)

virtualfiend09

Registered
Lewd
May 23, 2024
LC COIN
"Chaos is a ladder" from game of thrones. I see it came to live in my work life and in politics around the world. Kinda scary
Have yet to watch the show due to how bad the last season apparently ruins the entirety of it, at least thats what I am told. But have been told the the earlier seasons is considered o0ne of the most amazing television series.
Denail is a river in egypt your husband is gay
:ROFLMAO: wanting to rail that femboy is not gay
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist - The Usual Suspects
Need to watch that movie, so many good references.
"I shit, fart, pee pee" by a lyrical genius Kendrick Lamar.
:ROFLMAO: don't listen to Kendrick aside from maybe one or two songs, so for all I know this is a real lyric
i know its a comedic line played for laughs, but given the context it was said in, you could take it as a "you completed a hard task you can do it and go all the way" type vibe when taken out of context of the show
Kinda reminds me of the Invincible quote, "How do I breath in space? That's the neat part, you don't."
"Do you feel lucky? Well, do you punk?"
Most classic tough guy line, I hope Dirty Harry never gets a remake its perfect to this day.
I have several depending on the medium

Comic: "With great power comes great responsibility" Ben from Spiderman (as a good geek you can't miss this one)
Book: “There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.” The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss (great book, let's see if he releases the last of the triology)
TV: "Demons run when a good man goes to war" Doctor Who (great series and great phrase, the thing is longer, but this part is the one that impacted me)
Anime (there are two of the same): You want my treasure? You can have it! I left everything I gathered together in one place, now you just have to find it! Gol D Roger (I was little and started watching One Piece, what better way to get hooked than to see the pirate king saying this)
Destiny. Fate. Dreams. These unstoppable ideals are held deep in the hearts of men. As long as they are people who seek freedom in this life, these things shall not vanish from the earth. Gol D Roger

Film: 'A Dishonest Man You Can Always Trust To Be Dishonest. Honestly. It's The Honest Ones You Have To Watch Out For.' Jack Sparrow (this pirate has dozens of great phrases and scenes, but this one stuck out to me quite strongly because of the great truth in it)
Comic: Classic line that encapsulates the super hero mentality
Book: Heard of it before, didn't know the origin
TV: Love me Doctor Who but never watched after Capaldi, couldn't get into the writing of Whittaker's Season
Anime: Friend of mine loves One Piece but for me I have yet to watch past episode 30 not cuz I dont like it but its a long process to watch through
Film: Jack Sparrow is a quote machine, the fact he wont be in the next movies I know they will fail.

Enot1964

Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
Jan 5, 2024
LC COIN
It was rightly said once that a well-bred person can read everything. Only people who are spiritually shameless, sophisticated profligates, who, adhering to vile false morality, do not look at the content, but attack individual words with anger, can condemn what is natural.

Some years ago I read a review of a novel. The critic was furious that the author had written, “He blew his nose and wiped it.” This, he said, goes against the aesthetic and sublime that literature should give to the people.

This is only one example, and not the most vivid example of what asses are born under the moon.

People who are sickened by strong expressions are simply cowards, afraid of real life, and such weak people do the greatest harm to culture and public morality. They would like to turn the whole nation into sentimental people, onanists of a pseudo-culture like St. Aloysius. The monk Eustachius tells in his book that when St. Aloysius heard a man noisily letting out gases, he burst into tears, and only prayer calmed him down.

Such types are terribly resentful in public, but take great pleasure in walking through public restrooms and reading obscene writings on the walls.
(с) Jaroslav Hašek

virtualfiend09

Registered
Lewd
May 23, 2024
LC COIN
It was rightly said once that a well-bred person can read everything. Only people who are spiritually shameless, sophisticated profligates, who, adhering to vile false morality, do not look at the content, but attack individual words with anger, can condemn what is natural.

Some years ago I read a review of a novel. The critic was furious that the author had written, “He blew his nose and wiped it.” This, he said, goes against the aesthetic and sublime that literature should give to the people.

This is only one example, and not the most vivid example of what asses are born under the moon.

People who are sickened by strong expressions are simply cowards, afraid of real life, and such weak people do the greatest harm to culture and public morality. They would like to turn the whole nation into sentimental people, onanists of a pseudo-culture like St. Aloysius. The monk Eustachius tells in his book that when St. Aloysius heard a man noisily letting out gases, he burst into tears, and only prayer calmed him down.

Such types are terribly resentful in public, but take great pleasure in walking through public restrooms and reading obscene writings on the walls.
(с) Jaroslav Hašek
I'm way to dumb to appreciate the art in these words

stangnomez

Registered
Lewd
Feb 14, 2023
LC COIN
When people thought the Earth was flat they were wrong. When people thought the Earth was a sphere they were wrong. But if you think that the people who thought the Earth was flat were just as wrong as the people who thought that the Earth was a sphere, you are wronger than both.

Reactions: 1 user

Shiva

Registered
Lewd
May 5, 2022
LC COIN
Not a pop culture quote but words to live by:

'I believe every human has a finite number of heartbeats, and I'm not wasting any of mine on exercise'.

Attributed to Neil Armstrong in a VERY old Omni magazine I read.

Just a thought.

Gazz

Registered
Lewd
Jul 12, 2023
LC COIN
"If you do too much, people get dependent on you. And if you do nothing, they lose hope. You have to use a light touch... When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." -God

I get the opposite impression. Within the context the statement clearly means "you've accomplished something you thought was difficult but there's so much more you need to do if you want to make any progress."
Have yet to watch the show due to how bad the last season apparently ruins the entirety of it, at least thats what I am told. But have been told the the earlier seasons is considered o0ne of the most amazing television series.
Seasons 1-5 are good. I wouldn't hype it up to be one of the most amazing TV series ever, especially to anyone who already knows about the early twist. But definitely an enjoyable watch anyways. Seasons 6 and 7 are pretty mid. You can definitely see the edges fraying and people started to abandon the show at this time. Season 8 is hot garbage that feels way too rushed. Also don't expect good fights, even early in the series. The writers and costume designers clearly knew nothing about combat.

virtualfiend09

Registered
Lewd
May 23, 2024
LC COIN
When people thought the Earth was flat they were wrong. When people thought the Earth was a sphere they were wrong. But if you think that the people who thought the Earth was flat were just as wrong as the people who thought that the Earth was a sphere, you are wronger than both.
lol thats good quote on the severity of wrong and being more wrong
If the glove don't fit, you must acquit.
cant believe they still couldn't find he wife's killer...
Not a pop culture quote but words to live by:

'I believe every human has a finite number of heartbeats, and I'm not wasting any of mine on exercise'.

Attributed to Neil Armstrong in a VERY old Omni magazine I read.

Just a thought.
I think that could be considered pop culture and I do like that quote very live life to fullest
If someone asks you if you are a god, say yes. -Venkman Ghostbusters
words to live by, but could get you killed
Thou shalt get sidetracked by bullshit every goddamn time!!
feels more and more true with their games
Seasons 1-5 are good. I wouldn't hype it up to be one of the most amazing TV series ever, especially to anyone who already knows about the early twist. But definitely an enjoyable watch anyways. Seasons 6 and 7 are pretty mid. You can definitely see the edges fraying and people started to abandon the show at this time. Season 8 is hot garbage that feels way too rushed. Also don't expect good fights, even early in the series. The writers and costume designers clearly knew nothing about combat.
Thanks for the analysis and heads up, I may still watch it one day...one day
"If you do too much, people get dependent on you. And if you do nothing, they lose hope. You have to use a light touch... When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." -God
Classic Futurama quote, that quote still resonates with me to this day.

Back
Top Bottom