• Sci-fi

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters

mimomono

Registered
Lewd
Apr 20, 2023
LC COIN
I chose Sci-fi as I tend to enjoy those more than a Fantasy in general in AVN form at least, high fantasy is really nice though when it is done well.
I do think a 3rd option of a blend of the two is my overall favorite and tend to be more charming when it's mixed together.
Two examples would be Oppai Odyssey and Last Human they are based in Sci-Fi first but there is also fantasy elements like Magic/Dimension stuff that come into play and they weave it into the story and it works.

nyex117

Registered
Lewd
Jan 19, 2023
LC COIN
I prefer fantasy, there are good sci-fi ones but overall fantasy games are more enjoyable for me.

JadedSkywalker

VIP
Registered
Lewd
Jun 7, 2023
LC COIN
Science Fantasy/Space Fantasy. Space Opera, Sword and Planet. However you slice it its a combo of Fantasy and Sci Fi. You know like if someone made a sword and sorcery like Conan, or Red Sonja, or Barsoom by Edgar Rice Burroughs.

Yorkingthesa

Registered
Lewd
Jul 31, 2022
LC COIN
Me personally I enjoy fantasy a bit more than sci-fi, that maybe because with sci-fi you have to try and make it more believable but with fantasy you can just do whatever with the excuse of magic.

Aelth

Registered
Aug 28, 2022
LC COIN
Sci-fi short stories/stand alone novels, fantasy for series. Check out anything edited by Gardner Dozois or Jonathan Strahan if you are interested in short stories.

Reactions: 1 user

ItAintME

Registered
Lewd
Jan 22, 2024
LC COIN
this a good question, hmm id go sci fi and only because of stationmaster and its patch!

VorpalGhost

Registered
Lewd
Apr 25, 2023
LC COIN
I prefer Fantasy. Sci-Fi can be good, but it's easier to overlook plot or logic holes when magic is involved.

daroooo

Registered
Lewd
Oct 12, 2023
LC COIN
Both are a bit contrived but if I had to chose, I would go with sci-fi. Hard to say why, I guess it comes down to personal preferences.

Kaeng_Nai

Registered
Lewd
Aug 19, 2023
LC COIN
Fantasy, because then a creator can just do whatever the hell they please and it makes sense because I'm already suspending all my disbelief for that setting, not the same case for Sci-fi where there tends to be some form of scientific explanation for things

JadedSkywalker

VIP
Registered
Lewd
Jun 7, 2023
LC COIN
Well hard sci fi is grounded in science, or is speculative dreaming up of tomorrow but based on actual scientific principles, a lot of sci fi is fantasy reskinned or sci fi light. Personally i think you can create awe and wonder with science fiction without abandoning those principles. Arthur C. Clarke and Isaac Asimov did it well. But yes i do like fantasy with sci fi trappings also.

Not every prediction comes true but a lot does. AI, drone warfare. Small pocket size Cellphones, Small computers were once sci fi concepts in my lifetime even. And now they are real. Flying cars not so though. Whether one day their are galactic empires or sentient robots that is the stuff of fantasy at the moment. I'd say probably not, AI gaining sentience though could happen and is a scary thought.

Last edited:

Oerbel

Registered
Lewd
Jun 22, 2022
LC COIN
I tend to prefer sci-fi in movies and series, but fantasy in AVN. With games, I just want to switch off my brain and not think about whether something is scientifically plausible or not.

Reactions: 1 users

bdogvn25

Registered
Nov 8, 2023
LC COIN
Been reading Fantasy books for forever so that's my favorite in the vn world also. But I've played some fun Sci-fi ones as well. Some of the aliens worlds can blend in fantasy any way.

Boog

Registered
Lewd
Jul 11, 2022
LC COIN
I am typically a Sci-fi guy. Fantasy games have to fit a particular niche for me to really be interested.

Ali ibn Hassan

Registered
Aug 28, 2023
LC COIN
Don' matter much as long as the ladies are handsome

Reactions: 1 user

Donation drives

Latest Updates page

everything that get donated will go to parceload who is developing the new latest updates page.
Goal
$1,500.00
Earned
$550.00
This donation drive ends in
Donation Drive
Click one of these buttons to initiate donation.
Back
Top Bottom