Prestige 2
Prestige 3
Prestige 4
Registered
Lewd
Feb 11, 2024
Threads
LC COIN
If you've got some visual impairment, have bad eye sight or if you value your eye's health, you might wonder how to survive the visual overload this site sometimes provides. This little post aims to point you to options to reduce stress on your eyes.
Following these tips should also provide a better reading experience, especially on mobile phones. Screen size is limited there, and having to scroll through unnecessary and repeating elements makes it harder to concentrate on the contents that matter to you.

There are several possibilities to keep visual distractions at bay, mainly forum settings and external measures.

1. Forum preference settings
1.1 Postbits

Postbits are these fancy boxes on the left of each forum post, providing useful information on the author. Unfortunately the styling of these parts allow for - let's say - creativity that might disagree with your personal tastes. This can get even worse once people reach higher prestige levels, for example with css stylings. You know these stylings are in play if the postbit glows, wobbles or suddenly wildly rotates. While visually impressive, this can be distracting or even annoying. Luckily you can disable all of that under https://lewdcorner.com/account/style-settings/#postbit-style:
You must be registered to see attachments

If you just want them to disappear on small screen devices, you can adjust this here: https://lewdcorner.com/account/preferences

1.2 Signatures
Signatures are a great way of providing valuable information to your audience as it gets added at the bottom of every post. But this signature can also contain images, static and animated ones, that not only can be very distracting, but also force you to scroll a lot should the vertical size of the signature be too high. If you are forced to do this every second post, it gets cumbersome.

If you want to block signatures alltogether, go to https://lewdcorner.com/account/preferences and deselect "Show people's sigantures..."

You'll notice that I don't use this setting. I personally am opting for a more selective method, see the sction of client based mitigations below.

1.3 Post styles
User styles, such as custom fonts or strange font colors might look fancy but can decrease readability. Think of color blindness for example. Luckily this is also as easily contained as signatures.
Navigate to https://lewdcorner.com/account/style-settings/#post-style and just select this box

Done

2. Client based mitigations / block single images
If you use a browser that supports extensions (1), I recommend uBlock Origins (2). It not only supports crowdsourced curated block lists of spam, ads and malicious websites, but it also allows to block website elements such as images with individual blocklists.

Now, if you do use uBlock origins and a regular appearing image is bugging you, here's what to do:
- right click on the image
- select "block element" in the pop up menu
- create a new filter for that image - usually you just confirm
- and you are done
Easy. Set and forget and enjoy the visual silence.

If you know of further methods, feel free to share.
Please note that these methods can be obsolete once a forum style changes, new features get implementd / updated, or user preferences get reorganized.

Have a happy time in this lewd corner, feasting your eyes on things that matter to you!

--------------------------
(1) If your browser doesn't support extensions, you are not only vulnerable but also trackable by a myriad of advertising firms. You don't need to be surprised that amazon knows what you clicked on in facebook. Oh and you don't need to read on.
(2) - Other extension might provide similar functionality

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • purple_heart
Reactions: 11 users

VND

weirdo
Prestige 4
Registered
Away on vacation
Lewd
Feb 4, 2024
Threads
LC COIN
Some of the user, change their signature so often, you have to block it every time. :LOL:
I wish there were a function in the forum software to block signature by user
. Not every signature...
Some of the user have a much different taste than me. But the other signatures are fine.
But a new add-on just to block one image? I donΒ΄t think so.

But thanks for your guide.
In the How to make your profile look good Thread were it described before I think?

Last edited:

Mr. Hyde

Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 3
Prestige 4
Registered
Lewd
Feb 11, 2024
Threads
LC COIN
a new add-on just to block one image? I donΒ΄t think so.
I think an adblocker is quite essential in any setup, because it filters out a lot of trackers, spammers and annoyances during web browsing. It's for every page, not only for that special usecase above. Every time I see a setup without adblocker, I wonder why anyone would tolerate this much junk and blinking ads all the time.

Reactions: 1 users

VND

weirdo
Prestige 4
Registered
Away on vacation
Lewd
Feb 4, 2024
Threads
LC COIN
I think an adblocker is quite essential in any setup, because it filters out a lot of trackers, spammers and annoyances during web browsing. It's for every page, not only for that special usecase above. Every time I see a setup without adblocker, I wonder why anyone would tolerate this much junk and blinking ads all the time.
IΒ΄ve one build in my VPN. So...

Reactions: 1 user

Republican Bear

Your Loli's Are Mine
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 3
Registered
Lewd
Nov 25, 2022
Threads
LC COIN
Well everyone should be happy to know there isn't to much eye cancer right now,

As it's been disabled on the whole site for the eventual theme update.

I wont apologize for my signature of small GIFs either.

Mr. Hyde

Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 3
Prestige 4
Registered
Lewd
Feb 11, 2024
Threads
LC COIN
Well everyone should be happy to know there isn't to much eye cancer right now,

As it's been disabled on the whole site for the eventual theme update.
Yeah, but it will most likely reappear, simply because so many people request it.
I wont apologize for my signature of small GIFs either.
No one asked for apologies. You do you.

Djehuty

β˜•οΈŽ City Pop and chill~
Prestige 1
Registered
Lewd
Apr 23, 2024
Threads
LC COIN
Prestige 1
I do miss the option to disable post styles. I've been considering to disable signatures and postbits entirely, I don't know how it didn't occur to me to use ublock or even greasemonkey to block or change specific attributes. Thank you for the reminder.

WigglyWorld84

Prestige 1
Registered
Lewd
Jun 15, 2022
Threads
LC COIN
Prestige 1
Some of the people here should be slapped for the eye sores they force on us.

Thank you for this post!

• Face Palm

Mr. Hyde

Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 3
Prestige 4
Registered
Lewd
Feb 11, 2024
Threads
LC COIN
Some of the people here should be slapped for the eye sores they force on us.

Thank you for this post!
Nah, nobody forces you, and you can't blame people to use what is meant to be used. Our tastes are different, so what works for them doesn't necessarily work for you and me. But we can do something on our side to make it work for us and still get along (y)

Republican Bear

Your Loli's Are Mine
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 3
Registered
Lewd
Nov 25, 2022
Threads
LC COIN
Nah, nobody forces you, and you can't blame people to use what is meant to be used. Our tastes are different, so what works for them doesn't necessarily work for you and me. But we can do something on our side to make it work for us and still get along (y)
That I can agree with as the customization is earned with coins and a bonus for the grind members put into the site.

Having said that I can understand certain members not liking the bonus features.

WigglyWorld84

Prestige 1
Registered
Lewd
Jun 15, 2022
Threads
LC COIN
Prestige 1
Nobody is forcing me to what? use the features? yea, not my thing.

See others abuse the system...? sure, ok, I can turn them all off. So, the onus is on me for being annoyed and not other people for being (intentionally, as I see it) annoying? To me, that is like saying I need to carry earplugs with me because assholes choose to use bluetooth speaker in public.

OP chose the words, "eye cancer" for a reason.

No worries, I have managed so far and can continue to do so. alls well (y)

Mr. Hyde

Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 3
Prestige 4
Registered
Lewd
Feb 11, 2024
Threads
LC COIN
I see it like going to a festival where you know it will be loud. So I bring earplugs instead of being annoyed by the loud music.
And of course, I chose a catchy title on purpose;)

Back
Top Bottom