Does Anyone Like Star Wars or have a favorite film/movie?

JadedSkywalker

VIP
Registered
Lewd
Jun 7, 2023
LC COIN
I like the 1977 film the most. Its simple its a low budget ten million dollar movie, its fun. It was a standalone film there was no Saga or Episode IV when it came out. Darth Vader wasn't Luke's father, Leia was not his sister. It was a simple happy go lucky adventure film, with a morality tale.

Reactions: 1 users

Weezysaid

Registered
Lewd
Jan 7, 2024
LC COIN
i know the newer star wars content gets a lot of hate but i love them ! especially the shows im currently watching Ahsoka and enjoying it !

Reactions: 1 user

JadedSkywalker

VIP
Registered
Lewd
Jun 7, 2023
LC COIN
I enjoyed it yes especially Hayden playing the Matt Lanter Anakin. But my upset is from the Disney trilogy doing a requel. And the Obi-Wan and Boba Fett shows being misfires. I do like Mando but its totally Star Wars adjacent like Andor. I need to have Jedi and lightsabers and the force.

JadedSkywalker

VIP
Registered
Lewd
Jun 7, 2023
LC COIN
i know the newer star wars content gets a lot of hate but i love them ! especially the shows im currently watching Ahsoka and enjoying it !
Glad you liked it. Don't let anyone tell you what to love, a general consensus of opinion is just that, and everyone has one.

AGhostLikeMe

Registered
Lewd
Feb 17, 2023
LC COIN
Andor was phenomenal, and I'm glad they're finally making something outside the Skywalker timeline with Acolyte.

As far as movies The Empire Strikes back is my favorite.

Reactions: 1 users

JadedSkywalker

VIP
Registered
Lewd
Jun 7, 2023
LC COIN
Andor was phenomenal, and I'm glad they're finally making something outside the Skywalker timeline with Acolyte.

Well i guess it depends on the version because with 4 different special editions, and two theatrical cuts you have to be more specific. the 70mm cut only recently was discovered by fans its the premiere version, the rough cut if you will. the 35mm cut is the more well known and widely seen version before 1997. And all tv and video releases up to that point were that version.

The 35mm theatrical is my preference whether i'm watching the laserdisc or 4K80. I do like the colors and sound of the 1997 Special Edition theater release. I haven't liked any of the later edits, though i did appreciate them trying to color correct the film for the 4K UHD release. And the audio was much better from the original tapes than Star Wars A New Hope which went from very good to poor

Though i have heard and i can't confirm the 4K DCP In theaters is so much better than the home release of the 2020 Special Edition of the trilogy.

Last edited:

AGhostLikeMe

Registered
Lewd
Feb 17, 2023
LC COIN
Well i guess it depends on the version because with 4 different special editions, and two theatrical cuts you have to be more specific. the 70mm cut only recently was discovered by fans its the premiere version, the rough cut if you will. the 35mm cut is the more well known and widely seen version before 1997. And all tv and video releases up to that point were that version.
In that case: the 35mm cut. I've never seen the 70mm cut, and the re-released "special editions" didn't add anything noteworthy.

JadedSkywalker

VIP
Registered
Lewd
Jun 7, 2023
LC COIN
In that case: the 35mm cut. I've never seen the 70mm cut, and the re-released "special editions" didn't add anything noteworthy.
Very wise my friend, that is exactly the movie Irvin Kershner made. You would think the final cut should be in the hands of the actual director, No? Lucas didn't direct Empire or Jedi any more than Raiders of the Lost Ark, and he always let Steven maintain final cut. On Jedi its even more egregious because Marquand had passed and couldn't object.

TemperTempah34260923

Registered
Lewd
Sep 7, 2023
LC COIN

i initially didn't care for Andor. but after hearing how good it was i decided to watch it and was pleasantly surprised about how well done it was - from the sets, to the story, and the acting. its a slow burn for sure, but well worth the watch.

JadedSkywalker

VIP
Registered
Lewd
Jun 7, 2023
LC COIN
I have the theatrical cut of Phantom Menace on Laserdisc and its my go to version. I don't regard the films as anything but a time capsule, i remember when i took my little brother to see it, and he has two kids of his own now. Was so long ago Summer of 99. But do i like some things without nitpicking, i do like the soundtrack, i do like Duel of the Fates and the Pod race and the underwater city is a neat Flash Gordon style addition. I like Maul, i like Qui-Gon.

Last edited:

JadedSkywalker

VIP
Registered
Lewd
Jun 7, 2023
LC COIN
i initially didn't care for Andor. but after hearing how good it was i decided to watch it and was pleasantly surprised about how well done it was - from the sets, to the story, and the acting. its a slow burn for sure, but well worth the watch.
in terms of the OT esthetic just in terms of design my favorite is Rogue One. Vader is pitch perfect from his SW 77 stylized voice, his dialog, how he carries himself and walks, and he even has the red lenses and original helmet. They completely eschewed the prequel esthetic except in the corridor where he stalks the rebel soldiers, that is totally out of step with Star Wars 77.

X-wings look like X-wings, Stormtroopers look like they should. Its a love letter to the original unlike the Disney trilogy. Which had zero lived in universe, everything was too shiny, new and no verisimilitude. Even Luke's lightsaber looked like it was made 5 minutes ago the one Rey used.

Last edited:

TemperTempah34260923

Registered
Lewd
Sep 7, 2023
LC COIN
I have the theatrical cut of Phantom Menace on Laserdisc and its my go to version. I don't regard the films as anything but a time capsule, i remember when i took my little brother to see it, and he has two kids of his own now. Was so long ago Summer of 99. But do i like some things without nitpicking, i do like the soundtrack, i do like Duel of the Fates ad the Podrace and the underwater city is a neat Flash Gordon style addition. I like Maul, i like Qui-Gon.
just had to rewatch that battle since you mentioned duel of the fates. superb.

JadedSkywalker

VIP
Registered
Lewd
Jun 7, 2023
LC COIN
I will say the art design on Last Jedi is good, but that doesn't make up for the story. Luke Astral projecting is cool as well, wish he didn't die that was lame. The JJ movies i don't know if i could ever watch them again uncritically, god knows i tried with his Star Trek films and had to turn them off, his Star Wars always plays on tv.

TemperTempah34260923

Registered
Lewd
Sep 7, 2023
LC COIN
in terms of the OT esthetic just in terms of design my favorite is Rogue One. Vader is pitch perfect from his SW 77 stylized voice, his dialog, how he carries himself and walks, and he even has the red lenses and original helmet. They completely eschewed the prequel esthetic except in the corridor where he stalks the rebel soldiers, that is totally out of step with Star Wars 77.

X-wings look like X-wings, Stormtroopers look like they should. Its a love letter to the original unlike the Disney trilogy. Which had zero lived in universe, everything was too shiny, new and no verisimilitude. Even Luke's lightsaber looked like it was made 5 minutes ago the one Rey used.
i feel ya. rogue one and andor are bizarre (but amazing) outliers amongst the disney "productions". also, thanks for pointing out some key details that i never even noticed in the movies. i gathered your quite the film buff from these discussions we've had.

TemperTempah34260923

Registered
Lewd
Sep 7, 2023
LC COIN
I will say the art design on Last Jedi is good, but that doesn't make up for the story. Luke Astral projecting is cool as well, wish he didn't die that was lame. The JJ movies i don't know if i could ever watch them again uncritically, god knows i tried with his Star Trek films and had to turn them off, his Star Wars always plays on tv.
after living through last jedi, i just couldn't bring myself to ever see rise of skywalker. i just cant.

JadedSkywalker

VIP
Registered
Lewd
Jun 7, 2023
LC COIN
i feel ya. rogue one and andor are bizarre (but amazing) outliers amongst the disney "productions". also, thanks for pointing out some key details that i never even noticed in the movies. i gathered your quite the film buff from these discussions we've had.
Wish the Han Solo movie was like that. I couldn't suspend my disbelief, and i think redesigning to Falcon to look new and sexy to sell Habro toys, was a sacrilege.

JadedSkywalker

VIP
Registered
Lewd
Jun 7, 2023
LC COIN
after living through last jedi, i just couldn't bring myself to ever see rise of skywalker. i just cant.
you aren't missing much. Mark Hamill phoned in his performance as Jake Skywalker's ghost, Harrison Ford actually was quite good as Han's ghost. Nice to see Wicket the Ewok, and Wedge Antilles and Lando. But its just a bunch of what South Park called member berries. The scene where Rey self adopts herself a Skywalker and Luke and Leia's ghosts watch her like they are her parents was bizarre.

TemperTempah34260923

Registered
Lewd
Sep 7, 2023
LC COIN
you aren't missing much. Mark Hamill phoned in his performance as Jake Skywalker's ghost, Harrison Ford actually was quite good as Han's ghost. Nice to see Wicket the Ewok, and Wedge Antilles and Lando. But its just a bunch of what South Park called member berries. The scene where Rey self adopts herself a Skywalker and Luke and Leia's ghosts watch her like they are her parents was bizarre.
yeah i've heard many things about that movie. all of them bad.

Donation drives

Latest Updates page

everything that get donated will go to parceload who is developing the new latest updates page.
Goal
$1,500.00
Earned
$550.00
This donation drive ends in
Donation Drive
Click one of these buttons to initiate donation.
Back
Top Bottom