Do you think this engagement drive will work out in the long run?

Pantagonist

Registered
LV

Mar 11, 2024
LC COIN
I'm thinking I want to go back to my introvert basement as soon as I can. :D

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Fewmp

Registered
Lewd
LV

Feb 29, 2024
LC COIN
I feel like most folks are just here to get the point they need to access the content they want. That's just my take anyway.

Reactions: 4 users

rotwang

Registered
Lewd
LV

Nov 6, 2023
LC COIN
i'm sure some people will stick around. it def seems like at least a few people have met some people they really vibe with

Reactions: 2 users

lockjaw7

degen by design
Registered
LV

Dec 28, 2023
LC COIN
i mean if its to drive engagement no, if its to weed out bad actors it will be a levy but there will always be splashes

Reactions: 1 users

sora12345

Registered
Lewd
LV

Feb 12, 2023
LC COIN
I think there might be a problem with activity in the long run. I think the forum is very active right now since the changes are new and a lot of people need to get their credits but once the initial wave has passed it might take very long for new members to get their credits. Unless people trade credits to all new members but I think that would kind of defeat the purpose of the whole system.

EraChanZ

True Connoisseur
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
LV

Oct 17, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
The main point of this all was never to drive activity though - it is to create a hurdle that certain.. easily offended people.. have to get over, before they can see anything they might be offended by - and then reporting it.

If you're the type of person that loves to report certain type of games with say.. daughters in it.. You generally dont wanna invest 5+ hours into being an active forum member, just to be able to see if there's anything to report.

As far as the activity itself - I think to a certain extent it has opened people up to the idea that sharing thoughts / images with eachother can be fun, so i'm sure it'll stay a bit more active than it has been before (forums were pretty dead) - that being said, a large chunk of people will disappear into lurkerdom again once they have gained access.. Only time can tell what percentages it'll be.

Reactions: 3 users

wnminoru

🥱
Registered
Lewd
LV

Sep 25, 2022
LC COIN
A real lurker would back to his basement, or never go out for the starters. 💀🙏

Nemo Warrior

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jun 30, 2022
LC COIN
The main point of this all was never to drive activity though - it is to create a hurdle that certain.. easily offended people.. have to get over, before they can see anything they might be offended by - and then reporting it.

If you're the type of person that loves to report certain type of games with say.. daughters in it.. You generally dont wanna invest 5+ hours into being an active forum member, just to be able to see if there's anything to report.

As far as the activity itself - I think to a certain extent it has opened people up to the idea that sharing thoughts / images with eachother can be fun, so i'm sure it'll stay a bit more active than it has been before (forums were pretty dead) - that being said, a large chunk of people will disappear into lurkerdom again once they have gained access.. Only time can tell what percentages it'll be.
Good point. I hadn't seen it like that. I thought they had done it to generate user interactions, more visits and thus justify advertising on the site.
thanks for the clarification

Reactions: 1 user

thr0wa

Registered
Lewd
LV

Nov 21, 2023
LC COIN
Most lurkers will go back to lurking, some might find some enjoyment in being more involved in a community

Evil Surgeon

Friendly Neighborhood Psychopath
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 3
Prestige 4
Registered
Lewd
LV

May 2, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 4 (WIP)
Prestige 3 (Work in progress)
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
I think it will. For those who aren't antisocial, they'll see there are likeminded people who want to chat and will make a point to post more.

And for those who will go back to lurking, they'll be content with that, not saying anything and just downloading the games they want without having to interact with others. I think it's a win/win for both sides.

Back
Top Bottom