Do you play your VN's always in English or in your mother's language, if supported?

Maggy

Prestige 1
Registered
Lewd
May 21, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 1
Do you play your VN's always in English or in your mother's language, if supported?

red.ruby

Registered
Lewd
Jan 1, 2023
LC COIN
In English, for some reason i dont like in my mother's language haha

Reactions: 1 user

draspen

Registered
Lewd
Dec 19, 2022
LC COIN
I prefer English for most media I watch/read/listen to, I feel like some context may be lost in translation and I understand English well enough. It's a way to practice your language skill as well.

VNs are rarely translated to my language anyway.

Zireaelehy

Registered
Lewd
Jul 10, 2022
LC COIN
English every time, let's say the vocabulary of my mother's language have a big, no a huge variety of words that can be used in the spice moments and the translations aways leave to desire using them, and I can say, the people how usually make the translations to my language are lazy, always with google translate copy paste, so many times the text doesn't even make any sense.

Djehuty

☕︎ City Pop and chill~
Prestige 1
Registered
Lewd
Apr 23, 2024
LC COIN
Prestige 1
In English, for some reason i dont like in my mother's language haha
Same. I guess it's been so many years that it feels weird playing these games in any other language. And weirdly the same happens with voice acting but with japanese.

leavy

Registered
Feb 24, 2023
LC COIN
English all the time. Media translated in my language is mostly superficially translated or using machine translation, so I would not enjoy it very much.

Enot1964

Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
Jan 5, 2024
LC COIN
In English. The one exception is Bright Past. The developer is Russian-speaking, his Russian is very good and Russian remains our lingua franca in Belarus, Kazakhstan, and surprisingly, Ukraine.

Maggy

Prestige 1
Registered
Lewd
May 21, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 1
I prefer English too, although it's not my mother's language.

DSmith

Registered
Lewd
Oct 13, 2023
LC COIN
English, but that's because I'm monolingual. (Wait, is it monolingual or sololingual since speaking more than one language is multilingual instead of polylingual?)

rteelv

Registered
May 12, 2023
LC COIN
Reading VN's in my mother's language always feels kinda cringey. Not because of poor traslations, just the overall experience becomes really weird :unsure:

Dorya11

Registered
Lewd
Jan 21, 2023
LC COIN
english because i'm almost certain no one will ever translate a game for our language lol

Whazzup

Registered
Lewd
Feb 19, 2023
LC COIN
Dutch is my mother language, and so far I haven't found any AVN that had a dutch option. Even if it had though, I'd probably go for English because I find it easier to read.

zagreus

Registered
Lewd
Jun 3, 2023
LC COIN
English since most of them seem to be made in that language from the beginning and translations are usually not very reliable

mikster

Registered
Lewd
Jul 17, 2023
LC COIN
In English, if that's the original language the game was made in. I try to avoid translations, so if I understand the original language, I'll always play that.

Whazzup

Registered
Lewd
Feb 19, 2023
LC COIN
Hearing voice acting in English for the first time was, not great. I was very used to some little Japanese woman narrating my meat beatings.
I usually hate English voice acting in visual novels, since it's usually overly sexualized and over the top.

I did like the English voice acting in Corpse Factory, but that might be because those were done by professional voice actors.

Back
Top Bottom