Game Developer
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Lewd
May 19, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
Do you prefer when a developer is most active, posts regular status report and interacts with fans or would you rather the developer shut up and just make the game?

Reactions: 1 users

fernandotorres

Registered
Lewd
Apr 29, 2024
LC COIN
It is much better for developers to contact us. If he is aware of what kind of content his followers want, his art will be of higher quality. I know that most developers communicate with people through the discord channel.

Reactions: 1 user

Zombiedaddy

Under Elsa's bed
Prestige 1
Registered
Lewd
May 26, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 1
Do you prefer when a developer is most active, posts regular status report and interacts with fans or would you rather the developer shut up and just make the game?
It would be nice to know if our favourite devs are still alive every-so-often.

novakjanez

Registered
Lewd
Apr 27, 2023
LC COIN
Regular updates on development and communication with the players is alway swelcome in my eyes (y)

neddihseil

Hidden Lurkers Anonymous
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 3
Prestige 4
Registered
Lewd
Sep 16, 2022
Website
www.lewdcorner.com
LC COIN
Prestige 4
Prestige 3
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
As long as the dev IS working on the next update, interacting with fans and followers is encouraged, jsut not at the expense of doing actual work on the game. Some fall into that trap.

fernandotorres

Registered
Lewd
Apr 29, 2024
LC COIN
You can specify what will happen to your favorite in-game characters or what clothes they will wear in future updates. Apart from this, you can add new characters. You can choose the music. It's still the developer's choice to accept or reject.

Uncle Loco

Game Developer
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Lewd
May 19, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
I always try to be active and interact with fans of my vn. I even come and post on sites like LC as not everyone wants to join a discord or a donation site.

fernandotorres

Registered
Lewd
Apr 29, 2024
LC COIN
I always try to be active and interact with fans of my vn. I even come and post on sites like LC as not everyone wants to join a discord or a donation site.

I think this is the right thing to do. There are many game owners, like a team. We cannot find enough time to follow everyone one by one. Apart from this, having every developer in the same environment allows us to be closer and in more contact with them. This creates an environment for both you and us, your followers, to communicate with much better quality and without wasting time.

bos420p

Registered
Lewd
Oct 15, 2022
LC COIN
Always prefer the developers interact but often times forums get toxic and the developer quits. seen that on too many good games. some of the best games get so toxic that i cant believe anyone would want to read that shit.

Republican Bear

Your Loli's Are Mine
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
Nov 25, 2022
LC COIN
Based on my years on various sites and forums interacting with the developer has always been a boon and enhances discussions. I don't envy them though
as you have to deal with a lot of negativity, and sometimes it causes a meltdown. Which usually leads to cancelled games, and a bad game community.

Sometimes though the developer can be an ass=hat and usually gets what he/she deserves. 🤷‍♂️

hubb58s

Registered
Lewd
Jul 7, 2022
LC COIN
the developer should be having fun making the game so a developer that interacts often is good. but say one fan doesn't like something gets a negative comment is where it adds extra stress.
1 a month update is standard practice.
once a week if you want direct interaction with fans.

crimx42

Registered
Lewd
Jul 27, 2022
LC COIN
Interaction with a large base is always such an awkward affair

Watch most streamers, they always need to be so careful with their words

Impulse 9

Registered
Lewd
Jan 28, 2024
LC COIN
They should make what they want to make and not give a shit what people think. Some people will enjoy it. Nothing will ever please everybody

JadedSkywalker

Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
Jun 7, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
Interacting is great and all, just don't let fans take over your story and tell you how to make your game. Its too much like the by committee approach of movie making where no fan is pleased. You start with a fan approved checklist its very inorganic.

U

User_105953

Unconfirmed
Get feedback from the players, but don't mind everything too serious.
Also don't go 1v1 with players, just stay as lurker.

Back
Top Bottom