Banking is mostly useless for Member+

Status
Not open for further replies.

crimx42

Registered
Lewd
Jul 27, 2022
LC COIN
It's a simple enough concept to understand...
Banking provides 1% of the banked amount per day, that means 1 coin for every 100 in the bank

You need 750 (or 570 if on sale) to get Member+... Which means that it will only ever make 5~7 coins per day

Even if you were to wait until you had 700 coins in it to start getting the benefit of your banking, you're basically saying you will wait another week to reach finish the gap when you could just basically make 10 more posts

and this is when you're basically already then... When you're at low values like let's say 100~200... then we are talking about it essentially being anywhere between 60~150 days of collection
The only benefit of banking is a weird inflation that will happen in maybe a few months, maybe a year when this initial massive wave of spammers seeking to get their members+ passes...
Then banking will be allowed to accumulate excess coins unhampered until we reach this weird situation in which the original reason as to why this system was implemented becomes moot

As a new person at that can just be given the excess coins that many will end up having

Edit - 2%? I think they may have raised it?
2% is definitely more practical

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

thebeginner

Registered
Lewd
Feb 1, 2024
LC COIN
theres a bank now? bro i just wanted to jerk off, not get flashbacks to when i took principles of economics in university

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

ErzuzB

Former LCC Billionaire
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 4
Registered
Lewd
Jul 8, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 4
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
The Original reason this was implementet was, because it was already part of the whole "Credits System" plugin for this forum's software.
The same for the lottery and the already removed stealing system (yeah, be glad I cought that within the first hour and told it the owner).

As any real bank it's not really meant for short term gains, but for long term investments.
Look at the other prestige ranks, it's totally worth for them. Because if you are saving for the 40K for prestige 4, at some point you will have 30K in the bank that will produce 300 coins interests per day (same as 60 posts).

theres a bank now? bro i just wanted to jerk off, not get flashbacks to when i took principles of economics in university
You must be registered to see attachments

Read here if you want to learn more.
New Credit system for Member+ purchase

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

Cunny_fucker69

Registered
Lewd
Nov 5, 2023
LC COIN
The Original reason this was implementet was, because it was already part of the whole "Credits System" plugin for this forum's software.
The same for the lottery and the already removed stealing system (yeah, be glad I cought that within the first hour and told it the owner).

As any real bank it's not really meant for short term gains, but for long term investments.
Look at the other prestige ranks, it's totally worth for them. Because if you are saving for the 40K for prestige 4, at some point you will have 30K in the bank that will produce 300 coins interests per day (60 posts).

Didnt know much about this
Still its a little bit demoralising when you only get 5 LC coins per post so even thinking about having the benifits of banking 30k is hard when its laready a pain in the ass to reach to 500

• Sad
  • Thinking
Reactions: 1 users

ukalias

Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
Sep 19, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Prestige 1

Look at the other prestige ranks, it's totally worth for them. Because if you are saving for the 40K for prestige 4, at some point you will have 30K in the bank that will produce 300 coins interests per day (same as 60 posts).

Yep, that is the right way of doing it. I would prefer if the bank automatically collected interest rather than manual collection daily which is a pain

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

yibifi2784

Registered
Lewd
Sep 3, 2022
LC COIN
That's still an extra comment per day toward the end, so while it won't get you there on its own, it will at least help a bit.

ErzuzB

Former LCC Billionaire
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 4
Registered
Lewd
Jul 8, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 4
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
Still its a little bit demoralising when you only get 5 LC coins per post so even thinking about having the benifits of banking 30k is hard when its laready a pain in the ass to reach to 500
That's true, but the ranks aren't supposed to be easy or quick to gain.

crimx42

Registered
Lewd
Jul 27, 2022
LC COIN

Exactly my point tho
Wanting Member+, which is the majority of the wave of posters, is a short term goal

Reactions: 1 user

ErzuzB

Former LCC Billionaire
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 4
Registered
Lewd
Jul 8, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 4
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
Exactly my point tho
Wanting Member+, which is the majority of the wave of posters, is a short term goal
Yes and for that you have to be "active in the community" by posting and getting likes. ;)
Does it suck for Lurkers and people with social inhibitions? Yes, but if one slowly works towards the goal it's reachable for everybody whitin one or two weeks.
If one is quick you can even earn it within one day.

• Heart

Monokuma

Causing Chaos and Despair
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 4
Registered
Lewd
Sep 3, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 4
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
Exactly my point tho

But then that's also the point of why wanting Member+ is that little bit harder...
If anyone could log on, send one or two messages, or put a few coins in the bank, and get Member+, it's effectively the same of not gating it behind anything at all. And it's gated for a reason - so that people have put in the work to show they're A: Loyal and B: Invested.

Same reason, I'd assume, the bank doesn't Auto-Collect. Otherwise people could just leave it and come back in months for instant access.

It's not the most fun system, but it is a good deterent against people just logging in, getting offended, and reporting...

caementum

Registered
Jan 10, 2023
LC COIN
I didn't know of this bank's existence, thanks for the information... A new world opens for me

Hanz Feltersnatch

Sniffing Fingers
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 3
Prestige 4
Registered
Lewd
Sep 16, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 4
Prestige 3
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Well it isn't a pain in the arse to reach 500 coins, there are members that have reached that easily by interacting here Anti-Social & Lurker Hang Out Spot

CaptainBucky

Registered
Lewd
Mar 23, 2024
LC COIN
Well it isn't a pain in the arse to reach 500 coins, there are members that have reached that easily by interacting here Anti-Social & Lurker Hang Out Spot
I beg to differ. When a person doesn't like to just post random crap to get fake internet points, it can be fairly hard. But yeah, I'm definitely eventually going to cave and just post crap for a day to get there.

On a completely unrelated note, is there a source for your footer animation? or is it just something you found/made as a one-off? Because man, Elsa is *all* that.

ErzuzB

Former LCC Billionaire
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 4
Registered
Lewd
Jul 8, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 4
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
I don't even visit there, I only have like 3 posts there.
And yet... it's still 10 hours until I can put my money in the bank again...
In other words, I earned this...
..within 14h, without spaming anything, just helping people and having some nice chats. ;)

• Heart

GingerNinja11

Registered
Lewd
Nov 30, 2023
LC COIN
I agree that the banking system makes sense for those in higher ranks/more coins. Similar to a real life scenario 🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom