Are you a Reader or Speeder?

Do you read all or most of the Gametexts or do you speed through them to get the honey fast

• I read all the text

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • I am a STRG Speeder

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • something in between

Votes: 84 71.2%

• Total voters

michaelatl

Registered
Lewd
Oct 8, 2023
LC COIN
Most of the games feature a speed through unseen text option, which category fits for you?
(STRG/CTRL)

Reactions: 1 user

Nubis93

Lover of AI art
Registered
Lewd
Apr 28, 2023
LC COIN
i would say it depends on the game like if it got good images but a crappy story i will skip to the good parts if its a good story i will read it

• Heart
Reactions: 6 users

Republican Bear

Your Loli's Are Mine
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
Nov 25, 2022
LC COIN
I'd say it depends on whether I already replayed the game and read the same text dozens of times.

Only time I use the fast forward option on new games is when the plot just drags on.

snow123789

Registered
Lewd
Jan 8, 2024
LC COIN
Depend on the game, for example for hillside, I real all the text, but for some 70% of it.

Guz89

Purifying Some Degeneracy
Staff member
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 3
Prestige 4
Registered
Lewd
Sep 26, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 4 (WIP)
Prestige 3 (Work in progress)
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
If the dev did spend some time making good stories and characters, then yes, I read every single word. Unfortunately, sometimes we have great renders that are just used for a "replay gallery" simulator.

Uncle Loco

Game Developer
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Lewd
May 19, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
I typically read all the games I play unless the story is bad then I might skip some text. I typically prefer harem games and some have characters I don't like so I have skipped some of that as well. I would say 90% of the games I play I read all of the dialog.

fivesteaks

Registered
Lewd
Apr 25, 2022
LC COIN
Like most replies here, it really depends on the game. I'm all for having a well-written story, but if the exposition just slogs on and on I'm going to skip.

For Ren'Py games, I also tend to take a peek at the source images/scripts first to try to gauge whether I'm going to waste my time.

EraChanZ

True Connoisseur
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
Oct 17, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
Depends on the game - sadly a majority of games are just really poorly written.. lame dialogue. In which case, I just rush through to see if there are some fappable scenes.

However, the ones that are well written - it's interesting to also, at least partly, follow the story and the build-up. :) It will add to the overal experience.

In general though; can't fap to text, so.. never the most miportant bit :p

Nadayz

Registered
Lewd
Mar 15, 2023
LC COIN
If i like the story i will read the games, if it's boring, if the dialogue is badly written or bad grammar (understand that not everybody is fluent in english) i usually skip through it.

Reactions: 2 users

FrankTheDuck

Registered
Lewd
Jul 11, 2022
LC COIN
I typically read all the games I play unless the story is bad then I might skip some text. I typically prefer harem games and some have characters I don't like so I have skipped some of that as well. I would say 90% of the games I play I read all of the dialog.
yeah same here. Although sometimes I get bored even in good games and skip along

Reactions: 1 users

thatoneuser

Satan's Vandal Division
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 3
Registered
Lewd
Jan 14, 2024
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
Usually read, although I "speed read" myself and might not actually read every word that's written but just scan it with my eyes and read most of it. Depends on the game and the mood I'm in. Skip I always use for grindy stuff or if I'm doing a 2nd playthrough next to my original one then I'm skipping like a mad man.

ImYourPassenger

Registered
Lewd
May 16, 2022
LC COIN
If the writing is good, then I'll read through it. I've played some avns that were very boring or badly written, but had good scenes. So I'll just skip to see those.

Reactions: 1 users

Jillion

Prestige 1
Registered
Lewd
Aug 28, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 1
If the dev did spend some time making good stories and characters, then yes, I read every single word. Unfortunately, sometimes we have great renders that are just used for a "replay gallery" simulator.
I agree with you completely on this. I will say, I hate when there is good renders and the story leaves holes, has too many errors, or is very poorly written. I have left a fair share of good renders unwatched because I didnt care for the story.

thatoneuser

Satan's Vandal Division
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 3
Registered
Lewd
Jan 14, 2024
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
I agree with you completely on this. I will say, I hate when there is good renders and the story leaves holes, has too many errors, or is very poorly written. I have left a fair share of good renders unwatched because I didnt care for the story.
I think at that point you're better off at R34 or some shit then playing a game wasting time getting to good renders / art. Also IMO in AVNs characters DRIVE the story, you don't need an insane plot to have a really well written game. I care much more for good dialogue and interactions then the overall story.

Jillion

Prestige 1
Registered
Lewd
Aug 28, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 1
I think at that point you're better off at R34 or some shit then playing a game wasting time getting to good renders / art. Also IMO in AVNs characters DRIVE the story, you don't need an insane plot to have a really well written game. I care much more for good dialogue and interactions then the overall story.
For sure! Just played a game recently with no dialog but the story tells itself, or rater the creator did a great job telling the story with his art. I want to actually put it up pretty high on my fav list.

thatoneuser

Satan's Vandal Division
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 3
Registered
Lewd
Jan 14, 2024
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
For sure! Just played a game recently with no dialog but the story tells itself, or rater the creator did a great job telling the story with his art. I want to actually put it up pretty high on my fav list.
Yea that can work, but I'd assume you need extra art / animations to do so. And whilst normally I'd be like hell yeah! In this field of gaming where dev's just say fuck it then I'd rather have them work on the actual scenes and characters rather then waste time with small details. It's kind of annoying, I love seeing polished AVNs but at the same time usually that comes at the cost that the dev is going to scrooge mcduck their patrons with the excuse being that the game is "such HQ".

• Heart

hasguardian

Registered
Lewd
Mar 1, 2024
LC COIN
If I don't like the dialog but I like the art/scenes, I will speed through unseen text and make a better story in my head
"Reading is a woman trait, I look at the pretty pictures and make up my own cannon."

• Haha
Back
Top Bottom