Master Uploader & 1K Donator
Onyx
Game Developer
Prestige 1
Registered
Sep 14, 2022
LC COIN
MOD EDIT:

If you created a thread associated with "Abandoned Games", it has been moved here to declutter the site.

Feel free to discuss or recommend anything related to abandoned games here.

- Mod Staff

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 users

coffeebos

Absolute Unit
Prestige 1
Registered
Lewd
Aug 24, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 1
Which one is a lesser evil in your preference ?

I hate abandoned games, but still prefer them over rushed ending ones since you can use your imagination and speculation for what it could have been instead of how much of a disappointment the ending has turned out to be.
personally i have the imagination of an autistic goldfish, so even a game with a shitty ending gives me closure personally, as compared to an abandoned one

Reactions: 1 users

Mid1969

Registered
Lewd
Apr 18, 2023
LC COIN
Yeah I think abandoned is the worst offender for me. Take DMD for example, had a pretty rushed usatisfying ending but at least you got some good renders out of it and something you might like. They are also doing Fatansy Scenes now as well with the game so...there's that to look forward to. Abandoned is just so final you know?

Demiurge299

Registered
Lewd
Sep 11, 2023
LC COIN
I personally prefer a rushed ending, or if its getting abandoned, word from the dev as to why (or even just saying "yeah I'm not working on this anymore") I cant stand not knowing if its actually done forever, or if the dev just was in a car accident or something and may be back some day (or the usual took the money and ran, but still). I like having some form of closure, even if it sucks.

Evil Surgeon

Friendly Neighborhood Psychopath
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 3
Prestige 4
Registered
Lewd
May 2, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 4
Prestige 3
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
Yeah, I'd rather have a rushed unsatisfying ending, than the game never having an ending. For me, that's such a simple question to answer.

JustSomeD00D

Registered
Lewd
Sep 10, 2022
LC COIN
Yeah got too say i prefer a rushed ending to abandoned, at least you got some form of closure, rather then being left in open in the middle of a story.

Laehl

Registered
Lewd
Jan 1, 2023
LC COIN
I really wanted to say abandoned, but the more I think about it, I think I would have to say I would rather get the ending.

thedman241

Registered
Lewd
Aug 31, 2023
LC COIN
Honestly? I think I'd prefer abandoned over a rushed shitty ending. Sure you get closure, but at what cost? Plus, if it's abandoned, it could come back to life some day either through the same dev or somebody else picking it up and giving it the ending it deserves. It does feel bad picking up a game you really enjoy and it only getting half finished though.

Reactions: 1 user

Laehl

Registered
Lewd
Jan 1, 2023
LC COIN
And there is the point where some abandoned games are just because there has not been anything in a set amount of time. Know of a game that got listed abandoned but the dev had been taking extra time to redo a part and update it at the same time. They posted about it before they went to do it.
And with all these good points, I just keep going back and forth about my choice lol.

FaceCrap

Sucked into a Black Hole
Registered
Lewd
Feb 19, 2023
LC COIN
At least with a 'rushed' ending, the dev earned enough credits in my book to consider supporting him/her on their next project.
At least a dev showed that (s)he didn't want to leave us hanging. Ending on a high isn't always in the cards.

Abandoning a game without even trying is the worst in my book. But there's always exceptions, sometimes it just can't be helped, and if the dev leaves the door open for a future return...

Some Guy

Registered
Lewd
Mar 15, 2023
LC COIN
I hate abandoned games, I always get invested in what ever I play I hate to see the story not get finished

johnny453

Registered
Lewd
Aug 17, 2023
LC COIN
I prefer abandoned. Sure it may suck not getting a finale but ive also seen alot of games tagged abandoned when its just not updated for a while. Also it still leaves a chance for it to come back. It isnt a naughty game but Pokemon academy life was an abandoned fan VN that eventually had someone entirely new come in and take over cuz they wanted it done. And now its better then ever.

Reactions: 1 user

sn0wf0x

Registered
Lewd
May 30, 2023
LC COIN
I think it depends on the state of the game.
Does the dev abandon it really early even though it could be an awesome game? Sad to see but I can live with that.
Is the game somewhere in the middle of the whole story and abruptly ends? I don't really like it this way because I am invested in the story or whatever and want some closure.
I think a rushed ending is the better way. If the dev decides to end the game it would be the best if he pushes one last update with a semi satisfying ending. Everyone knows it was rushed and not the planned ending but there is some closure.
Oh Daddy is a good example - rushed ending and I can live with that. Was it the best way to end the story? Hell no! But better this way than an open end.

Delests

Registered
Lewd
Sep 12, 2022
LC COIN
I think it depends on how popular the game is and how long it has been around. A 2 week game doesn't justify a rushed ending but a 2 year game might. Also, a game with just a handful of players vs thousands.
With all that said I think I prefer abandon over rushed ending, but that may be because the majority of rush endings are just bad. lol

renevatia

Registered
Lewd
Oct 20, 2023
LC COIN
I prefer abandoned over rushed tbf. Rushing endings ruin what the game had going for it.
Worse is rushing ending to then retcon shit(atleast what i think inceton did with lust theory going from s2 to s3)

Gamezy1

Registered
Lewd
Sep 2, 2023
LC COIN
Abandoned over rushed! played a lot of great games where the creators would get burned out or just wanted to move on to another project and not take a break and just wrap it up quickly.

Back
Top Bottom